Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XBOX controller mod

Default Re: XBOX controller mod

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Omega: Can you give me a quick tutorial on how to work that program? Looking at it... I feel like I am in the matrix. lol

**nvm, I got it :p

**Actually, how do you use it as a mouse?
    Here you go.

Page 15 of 21.
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Here you go.

Page 15 of 21.
    Thanks!

Okay, I have a request to make to you guys. I attempted to set this up myself, but this is my first time using a game controller and I'm already getting mildly confused. So maybe you guys can help me out a bit on setting it up? The only game I really plan on using it for (for now) is WarRock. Here are the controls...

I'm using just a standard xbox controller and I've already got down the movement controls. So what do you guys think?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I was actually asking about using the controller in the warrock forums yesterday (I'm sgtrick on there). They said that joysticks will only be supported in the retail version. I want to use the xbox controller as a regular gamepad/joystick in the game. If you figure it out, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtm View Post
    I was actually asking about using the controller in the warrock forums yesterday (I'm sgtrick on there). They said that joysticks will only be supported in the retail version. I want to use the xbox controller as a regular gamepad/joystick in the game. If you figure it out, let me know.
    It should work? we aren't using joysticks. Were using modded xbox controllers in place of our keyboards and mice. It's like if we set the A button to left mouse click (fire), the game reads it as if we were pushing the left mouse button. So... in theory, it should work. Hopefully it doesn't pick it up as a joystick!

Do you have your configuration setup yet sgtm? Like I said, I have the movement controls down, but I don't know what to put everything else as. I was thinking of left click as X and right click as B.. but I don't know how efficient that will be or how easy it would be to pick up on without getting confused while i'm being shot to death. ^_^

**btw, I'm Mita54 in the game of WarRock. I've yet to make any mark in the forums so don't expect to see me there somewhere. :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Do you have your configuration setup yet sgtm?
    Actually, when I took the pics last night, the white wire snapped off. Then the tip on my soldering gun snapped in 2 pieces. I have the soldering gun rigged so I might try and take a shot at getting things cleaned up tonight.

Why not make left click the left trigger, and right click the right trigger. Save the buttons for something like changing weapons or getting in vehicles.

alright, I did a little bit more thinking on it. This is what I have so far after holding the controller and mentally picturing my keyboard.

A = Left Mouse Click
    B = Right Mouse Click
    Y = Weapon Change to Primary Weapon (3)
    X = Vehicle (F)
    Left Trigger = Crouch (C)
    Right Trigger = Scope Zoom (???)
    D-Pad Up = Mouse Scroll Up (player view)
    D-Pad Down = Mouse Scroll Down (player view)
    Left Analog Stick = Keyboard Movement
    Right Analog Stick = Mouse Movement
    Start Button = Esc (Menu)
    Back Button = Chat (Enter Key)

Thats what I got so far... I'm a tad bit lost on the rest of the "essential" keys. Also... I'm probably going to run into some trouble shooting so if anyone see's anything that won't work or whatever, please point it out. Also suggestions for the rest would be nice too!

One more thing, lol what is the scope button again? I can't remember... I was thinking it was the right mouse click... but hopefully not. Well... it wouldn't be that bad I guess, I would just have to change the B button to something else.

lol This is so much fun! I'm going to put my mod project on a temp hold and buy a new HSF and GPU tonight for my compy so I can actually play once I have this all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtm View Post
    The scope is right click.
    lol dangit...

well I guess I can just leave it. I'll use my trigger for something else. Maybe to switch to using my grenades?

oh by the way... xbox controllers are usually around 2-5 dollars in pwn shops. ^_^

i am DEFINITELY gonna do this =D
    as soon as i can find....now where did that spare USB cable go....
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 // Asus P5N32-E SLI //
    2G OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC // nVidia GeForce GTS 250 //
    Logitech X-530 // Seasonic 650W PSU // 24" Samsung 2493HM

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Omega: Can you give me a quick tutorial on how to work that program? Looking at it... I feel like I am in the matrix. lol

**nvm, I got it :p

**Actually, how do you use it as a mouse?
    To use it as a mouse do this:

The top part will make it so that what direction the LEFT THUMBSTICK moves is the direction the mouse moves, and the bottom part is my threshold/dead zone settings which work at a reasonable and controllable pace.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"