Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Gaming Luxuries

Anodized

Default Ultimate Gaming Luxuries

The world of interactive entertainment has come an extremely long way. Gaming has evolved from simple algorithms displayed on dials, CRT TV's, Spectrometers, dials, connected to room-sized computers to today's cutting-edge gaming PC's, Consoles with great interactivity such as the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, and blistering performance as seen on the Sony Playstation 3. How you play them is another matter... whether it be that plastic couch off of wal-mart in front of your 30" 1080p HDTV with HDMI-in connected to your PS3 or that $500 executive office chair in front of a 24" Dell Widescreen Monitor, consumers- and especially the modding community like us are always hitting the bottom of our wallets to engage in hours of endless fun.

What if our wallets were a bottomless pit of money?

What would you invest into Your deranged, crazed desire to frag, level-up, or smack some virtual idiots in the face?

Here's another chance for your (you have many, many chances to do so in TBCS) imagination to run wild, or your extensive knowledge of E3 coverage to spill itself out of your mind through your fingers, keyboard, internet, and to the forum. Discuss what you consider- and what you think would be- the Ultimate Gaming Luxuries of all time- until someone comes up with something even better.

To help you guys out, I'll post two ultimate gaming luxuries I've found:

Gamedeck MAYFLY and NAVIS:
    Official Site: http://www.thegamedeck.com
    Info: http://www.primotechnology.com/index...amedeck/gd.htm

Ultimate Game Chair:
    Official Site: http://ultimategamechair.com/
    Info: http://www.ultimategamechair.com/media_corner.php (Link includes images)

Default Re: Ultimate Gaming Luxuries

The new Novint Falcon is supposed to come out later this year. It would be a luxury to own. I may pre-order one soon.

http://www.novint.com/falcon_hand_lrg.jpg

Anodized

Exactly what does that thing do?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Holy Sh*t...

I know what I want for my birthday. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

ATX Mental Case

That Gamerschair is just an overpriced peice of ****. Its a steering wheel stuck on a rowing machine! No self respecting person would buy one surely...?

Quote Originally Posted by ReignInPain View Post
    That Gamerschair is just an overpriced peice of ****. Its a steering wheel stuck on a rowing machine! No self respecting person would buy one surely...?
    lol FYI - Anything that isn't built by yourself is over priced.

I'd buy one IF they don't cost more than 600 bucks. A better price would be 400.

How much do these things cost anyways? I was looking at the other gaming chairs that Doomfest listed and they are 300+. Which is reasonable for a piece of furniture with built in awesomeness.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Anodized

The Gamedecks range from $1000 - $5000. Very, very overpriced, But the company's aimed at turning computers into the next arcade games, which I guess is a reasonable price to pay for LAN domains aiming for the future. Arcade machines are upwards of thousands of dollars.

lol holy wow...

Yep, you pretty much nailed it. It's not for your average consumers ...or even for most enthusiasts.

But still, I wouldn't mind having one. lol

Anodized

I still think it's tough on the wallet, but affordable for people with high income XD Maybe your dad's a surgeon? Don't eat lunch for five years?

That chair would be so sweet for me.. I love my driving sims.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro