Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First Water Cooling Rig

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: First Water Cooling Rig

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Hi its been a while, can i please get a reply on the coolent issue. If you think the alphacool coolent is bad can you please reccomend one.
    Heres a link to the coolents that are availiable to me:
    http://www.chilledpc.com.au/store/de...f59126e6bbc40b
    Zalman always makes great stuff. <<Link. But I tend to lean towards FluidXP. <<Link. They have a new color out now too, its black.

The bottom line, you should be fine with your coolant or most any other coolant for PC's. It's pretty hard to go wrong unless you are making your own coolant.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Thanks so much thats exactly what i wanted to hear.

Oh i almost forgot. I havent asked about what coolent i should use. I checked the manufactuers website for the res and it said that i can't use a coolent that contains glycol because it eats away at the stuff they use to join the plastic.
    Didn't see this post, both Zalman and FluidXP contain propylene Glycol. If it eats away at that products bonding solution, then you probably don't want to get this stuff. What you could do though, is use Weld-On and scrap acrylic to make your very own ...um... whatever it is that your talking about. I'm assuming the res.

I have looked at the store where i'm going 2 get my stuff from and I found this coolent:
    Alphacool Water-Additive Tec Protect UV Green (Also Blue or Red)
    This coolent contains no Glycol, but it has hydroxy phosphon carboxilic acid. Will the acid destroy my pump and eat my tygon tubing?
    No Glycol? Sounds like a winner. ...and no, it won't eat away at ...um... anything. lol It might just be me, but I doubt a professional company would put out a product that would eat away at what its made for. So no worries, this isn't that kind of acid. ...now if you were to use stomach acid in place of your coolant? Well I would definitely not advise that. :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Thanks so much, yeah I was talkn about the res, it says that the glycol eats the stuff they use to join the plexi.

I posted my final system specs on the last page could you look at them and tell me if it's ok or if I need to add anything?
    Thanks

Ok so I have had time to re-think my setup while our net has been down and along with your input I have made a list of my new components.

1x Black ICE GTS Stealth 120mm Radiator
    1x Black Ice Micro 80mm Radiator
    1x PrimoChill Typhoon Reservoir
    1x Danger Den RBX 775
    1x Danger Den 8800GTX GPU Water Block
    1x Danger Den MAG II LE 12V Pump
    That looks pretty good to me. The only thing that I still don't really like is the Pump, but it's good enough. I'm glad you decided to go with the MAG II LE though. I think your going to run a 1/2inch system right? So thats good, I wouldn't of recommended anything less than the MAG II with a 1/2inch setup.

Well if you say it's all good then It must be. You have been been a great help. Are there and tricks of the trade or any tips you can give me? Anything would be great.

I know one that is of _high_ importance. Always leak test the kit before you install it into your computer. Just put it in a bucket or a sink or something. That way if it does leak, at least that way it won't leak all over your computer or anything else.

When installing plumbing clamps (the ones with the screws that you can buy at hardware stores), tighten the screw with your fingers until you can't anymore, then give it a 1/4th of a turn with a tool.

I can't remember whats a really good way to bleed the air out of your system, but thinking about it, if you have a T-Line in your system this could work. Plug the T in the T-Line and point the plugged end up. Then turn your system on and let the bubbles of air circulate through your loop. They will eventually end up in the plugged end of you T-Line where you can then turn your system off and release the air.

If you google for watercooling tutorials and read through a bunch, they usually mention tons of really handy and useful tips.

Thanks. About the clips I was going to use a stainless steel version of the basic plastic ones that you get with your average kit. I live on a vineyard and have had no problems with these connectors on any of our high pressure water tubes. Would these be ok?

Case Wizard

Stainless steel version is fine. Now hurry up and water cool your PC!

Lol I wish i could. I'm upgrading around July so just sorting everything out now so I acn just order it when the time comes.