Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First Water Cooling Rig

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: First Water Cooling Rig

Well I can't get the pic to work because it is on my Hard Drive and it wont let me copy it, so I will have to describe it to you.

As you know the res will be fitted into one of by spare drive bays. from there to coolant flows to the pump and up to the 80mm rad on the top of the case. From the 80mm rad the coolant flows through the cpu water block and on to the 120mm rad. From the 120mm rad the coolant flows to the GPU block and back towards the res. Before the coolant goes back to re res I was either going to have a "T" section with the fillport mounted to the roof of the case so that it is connected to the same inlet as the rest of the system or I could not use the "T" section and attach the fillport to the res with the spare inlet hole.

It sounds a bit complicated and is hard to see without the pic but let me know what you think.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Have you tried opening the picture up, full screening it, then hitting the "print screen" button on your keyboard? Just go into micro paint and paste then save.

What was your original question? lol I thought I knew, but when you tried to describe it to me it didn't make sense in my head.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by slytherock View Post
    Dont look too far Dave, Both names start with an S... It may be a sign
    I thought the exact same thing when I was updating myself on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    What/how are you planning to use the fillport? It has one provided along with the reservoir... Are you thinking of having an external fillport that connects with the fillport on the reservoir? That would enable you to have a hassle free design! What I mean is, you wouldn't have to open up your case and take out your reservoir (if you can't get to it) just to fill it up.

I would only assume that you shouldn't have a problem with the mounting of the reservoir into your case. It comes with 4 mounting screws that you use to mount the reservoir. It would be just like as if you were mounting an optical drive.
    I say SnowFire has the better idea. It will basically be a T-line with the reservoir being the "_" (bar) on top of the "l" of an upside down T. lol
    Then again, the fill port on the reservoir is a lot bigger and you might have to mod it to fit a barb and then put the tubing over the barb.
    Either way sounds fine to me. Your way is easier and I don't see any problems with it. I just thought you would be using all 4 in the actual "loop".

Loop setup looks fine. But I prefer the pump to go straight to the CPU block. Put the 80 mm radiator after the GPU instead. That way, the CPU block would get the highest pressure.

Could I go pump - cpu - 80mm - GPU - 120mm - res?

I just don't want to double back because I have limited room in the case.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

You could... but you would be cooling your GPU with your 80mm instead of your 120mm.

I would go...

Res(out)>Pump>CPU>120mm>GPU>80mm>Res(in)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Ok so I have had time to re-think my setup while our net has been down and allong with your input I have made a list of my new components.

1x Black ICE GTS Stealth 120mm Radiator
    1x Black Ice Micro 80mm Radiator
    1x PrimoChill Typhoon Reservoir
    1x Danger Den RBX 775
    1x Danger Den 8800GTX GPU Water Block
    1x Danger Den MAG II LE 12V Pump

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Could I go pump - cpu - 80mm - GPU - 120mm - res?

I just don't want to double back because I have limited room in the case.
    I say this is better because the 8800GTX is way hotter than the CPU.

Oh i almost forgot. I havent asked about what coolent i should use. I checked the manufactuers website for the res and it said that i can't use a coolent that contains glycol because it eats away at the stuff they use to join the plastic.

I have looked at the store where i'm going 2 get my stuff from and I found this coolent:
    Alphacool Water-Additive Tec Protect UV Green (Also Blue or Red)
    This coolent contains no Glycol, but it has hydroxy phosphon carboxilic acid. Will the acid destroy my pump and eat my tygon tubing?

Well yesterday I recieved my Black Ice Micro radiator along with the fill port and a few other things. When I had a look at the Rad I noticed that it was one of the really old ones with the built in 3/8" brass barbs, so now I need to get a 3/8" to 1/2" converter. Luckily I called them and they are sending me one free of charge .

Hi its been a while, can i please get a reply on the coolent issue. If you think the alphacool coolent is bad can you please reccomend one.
    Heres a link to the coolents that are availiable to me:
    http://www.chilledpc.com.au/store/de...f59126e6bbc40b