Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Lupine

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Project : Lupine

Wow, very nice etching there.

Overclocked

Lucky you with that friend. Maybe I'll give that company a call later. But do you think your friend would do it others for a small fee? If you think he would do yo think you can ask him how much hed charge, and where do you live?

It is his own personal laser. He does not own a business, and I know that he is not setup for "business". However, I will ask him if he is interested in any referal business.

How is that?

Todays window work...

Hehehe... no turning back now! I am committed to the design!

Now I have burned my boat... and have set forth on the journey to make this window ROCK!

After cutting the window, the black finish on the outside has been damaged. Tried to avoid it but when you are cutting through metal with a spinning abrasive disc... things happen! I tried painting with a flat black... but MAN... matching black is nearly impossible!

Looks like I have to hit it with the ol' gloss black treatment. Did not want to have to paint the external facing sides, but... you do what ya gotta do!

I'll be priming/sanding and painting tonight. Pics to follow later.

Overclocked

Wonderful cut, the straight edges look a lil wobbley but the wolf looks wonderful. I did descent ona window cut b4 but my dad is very impatient with me and my modding and didnt wnat me to file it and make it nize so i scrapped it cuz i wanted it to be perfect (still have it not actually scrapped)

That is sweet
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

I think the wobbly is due to the tshirt being rippled under the piece. I'll check it with a straight edge though.
    If it is, good catch!

Thanks for the replies folks!

dammm i wish i could do cuts like that!!!! awsome as always mate

Thanks Defyant! That means a *lot* to me coming from another modder that I hold in very high admiration! *sniff*.... *sniff*, aw now I'm all emotional!

Ok, last night I did my first round of primer and got the first coat of black on the window. Tonight I wet sanded both the back panel and the window panel with 800 then 1000 grit, and reshot another layer of primer on the back panel (high spots around the handle divot that I have to be careful of) and another layer of black on the wolf window.

This one was taken last night after the 1st primer on the window side:

Last night after the first color on the window:

After wet sanding tonight

This update, brought to us by the letter *K* and the number *1664* (Man, I love that stuff!) (for those that have never had it, Kronenbourg 1664 is a beer imported from France... yummy!) :

Back panel, right after sanding but before the 2nd primer coat:

Right now I'm letting the primer dry out on the back panel and then I'll wet sand it again, then I'll hit it with it's first layer of color.

Can Lexan be heated like acrylic and bent? Anyone know?

Overclocked

I believe it can I have accidently bent the stuff. I used to be hardcore into r/c cars and not the cheap stuff like competiton type thing. Wellt he bodies are made of lexan, i had it out near the soldering iron a bit too close didnt realize it and well i had my cars body do a lil reshaping cuz of that.