Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Lupine

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Project : Lupine

The purple color that you are painting your case looks a lot like the purple on the box. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

*insert X-files theme song here*
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

You should definately paint the Optical and FD drive facias in the purple. You should be able to match them in the same as you did with the case internals. I am really looking forward to seeing the wolf mural.
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com

The optical will be stealthed, and I have no plans for purpling the floppy bezel. I dont want it standing out. As of right now, my front bezel plans are running the gammut!

I need to get them out of my head and into a scenario on paper to see what is going to work, and where!

Thanks for the responses folks!

And the purple box = purple on my case is nothing more than a HYOOJ co-winkydink....

...on with a small update:

My front panel Firewire/USB cables, the front "mic in/speaker out" plugs and the 80mm front intake fan. I used a spiral wrap to pull the USB/Firewire cables together, I may include the mic/speakers line depending upon where the connector is on the mother board. Reading the manual now to see if I can plan out some more cable management before the board arrives!

This is my rear 120mm exhaust fan and the motherboard front button bundle (power switch/reset/hd act/power LED). I spiral wrapped the button bundle and will be trying an experiment with them to see if I can disguise them. The spiral wrap may not stay. But to be sure I did not have spurts of unexpected cable colors coming between the twists, I sleeved the bundle in a black cable sleeve. I also sleeved the 120mm fan, and will likely vinyl dye the white end cap.

The DVD Burner is now stealthed. I still have to rig up a button interface (which may be a bit difficult due to the front mesh panel construction) but the mesh fits perfectly! I had to cut off the side legs of the bezel plate (these things actually screw in to the front bezel frame. 2 screws remove it, then it is latched in place by notches on the side walls of the front bezel frame.), and then put it in my bench vice to give it a good "hug" to lower the height of the piece and the width of the piece. It was designed to be snug up against the other front plates, but "being snug" and "opening an optical device tray" are not good in the same sentence. So, by gently tweaking the front plate, I took enough of the dimensions down to allow it a tiny, immeasurable ammount of room. Enough for the tray mechanism to eject properly, and then close properly... without scratching or catching on anything else. I like the result!

The top pic, the black velcro tape causes a bit of a reflection, but trust me, in real life, you cannot see that it is there. The flash highlights the tape a little bit, but in normal light, you cannot see it!

looks very neat.
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

ATX Mental Case

Very nice stealthing. Can't wait to see more.
    There is no other choice.

I love the paint, very nice job. I like the chassis too.

Thanks guys... gone for a week on family vacation. Will be next week before the remaining updates.
    Ciao!

ATX Mental Case

Great Job so far !!!

That is a great case to use to mod with. I have the same case . Tech-daddy, was the case wobbly with just the 3 1/2 bays removed? I was wanting to remove my 3 1/2 bays to allow more view, and tempted to find ways to support the case and move my 3 1/2 devices to other places in the case.