Thread: need ideas for superman case mod

Default need ideas for superman case mod

I know its been done before but I havent been really impressed with anything I've seen on the net, most of the mods have really just been repaints...anyways I plan on powder coating a case superman blue inside and out,installing custom laser cut acrylic fan grills with the superman logo inside (my brother has access to a laser,so if anyone wants any of these after they are finished send me a message) cutting out the mobo side panel in the "s" logo and installing mirrored acrylic behind it and finally installing a window in the other side with "powered by kryptonite" etched into the glass.I'm going to add uv lights inside the case with lots of sleeving and some pretty large quartz crystals that can be seen through the window and painted uv reactive green.Anyone else have any other ideas to make this a top notch mod??? I'll probably save myself a few hassles and just buy the superman returns keyboard and mouse thats been floating around the web as well.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: need ideas for superman case mod

If you have watercooling, you could dye the water green for the Kryptonite effect! Maybe etch or paint some kind of City-Scape inside the case, that you could see through the window?

Dude, the possibilities are endless!

ATX Mental Case

This sounds like an excellent idea, especially the crystals. Perhaps if you drilled a small hole in the bottom of the crystals you could hide an led inside and have it "glow" a bit more.

Also (depending on your paint skills) you could make the side of the case look like superman's cape and have the logo on that, similar to this style: http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1363.html
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

ATX Mental Case

I've been thinking about this mod recently. Instead of just having a flat logo on the side of the case, why not emboss it. i.e. so the red part of the logo sticks out from the side of the case, similar to a spiderman mod I saw recently.
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

Overclocked

make the case the shape of the superman symbol, having the red be solid and the blue being transparent.
    EPYK : very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

lots of mod tutorials

Works coming along slowly but surely on the superman case mod but i need some help from you wiring experts.....let me preface this by saying i totally suck at math...ive viewed a couple of led wiring tutorials and seen a few resiatance calculators but its all greek to me....what to know is whats the best way to wire
    8 to 12 green leds (radio shack variety) in a cluster?? if someone could take a moment or two to figure the wiring out along with what leds to use and the resitor i would be forever grateful....thanks.....rob