Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: USMC case

Default Re: USMC case

Great work on the mouse (again lol). Are you adding the sticker (?) to it again? I loved how it looked with that on it.

And the sig looks killer!
    RIP Bucko

Thanks guys. I was a little worried that it was too big. I'll be adding the sticker probably sometime tomorrow. I have the painted parts hanging from a heater vent using some CAT5 that I stripped. Hopefully that will help the paint cure a little.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Looking good as usual Sarge. I agree that the sticker lookd awesome, I definitely think you could do it again. It's a shame, that last paintjob was SLICK. But I have no worries that this one won't be just as cool - heck, it all ready looks cool with just the red!
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Sticker placement. I've conceded that I'll never get the little wrinkles out. There are 3 small ones. I'll just have to hope that I can lay down enough clear to smooth it out. What do you all think?

D'Oh

i think it looks really nice! I bet it's gonna look nicer after a few coats of clear.. and, aaa, where are those wrinkles? i can't see any

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

I can't wait to see it with the clear on top. I'm sure it's gonna look awsome.

A word of caution, make sure you check the coating times for the clear your using. You don't want to lay down the clear until the color coat is ready. I've learned that the hard way.

Looks great dude! Nice work sanding it smooth. As nice as it looks I think it's missing something for that nice balanced look. I think it would look good if you painted the other half (base) black, or maybe even a black outline around the edges. What do you think? By the way, I can't see any wrinkles either, the emblem looks awesome!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

If you still have any bubbles just pop them with a pin. Also, the best way to eliminate wrinkles is the apply the sticker wet. Dunk it in some water with a drop of soap and it'll just slide into place.
    Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I can't wait to see it with the clear on top. I'm sure it's gonna look awsome.

A word of caution, make sure you check the coating times for the clear your using. You don't want to lay down the clear until the color coat is ready. I've learned that the hard way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Looks great dude! Nice work sanding it smooth. As nice as it looks I think it's missing something for that nice balanced look. I think it would look good if you painted the other half (base) black, or maybe even a black outline around the edges. What do you think? By the way, I can't see any wrinkles either, the emblem looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis View Post
    If you still have any bubbles just pop them with a pin. Also, the best way to eliminate wrinkles is the apply the sticker wet. Dunk it in some water with a drop of soap and it'll just slide into place.
    Thanks for the advice guys. It's VERY MUCH appreciated.

Commando: This has been "curing" in my basement for about 48 hours. I hung it from a heat vent. By the time I get some clear, we'll be good to go.

jdbnbn: I agree. It does look like it's missing something. I think some black accents somewhere would look cool. I'm just not sure where to put them. I don't think I can paint the base black because of the blue accent lights I put in. I'm gonna play around with photochop and see what I can come up with.

ty: This was cut out of a rather thick foil sticker. I'm almost wishing it was waterslide at this point though, but I don't think the detail would be as high.

Ahh, I see. Yeah, waterslide decals are great but I don't think the effect would be nearly the same. I don't know about foil stickers, but I know that the waterslide method works for other stickers too, not just waterslides. It does NOT however work with paper stickers, obviously, as they get nice and soggy...
    Typo: