Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: USMC case

Default Re: USMC case

Thanks J.. I should have some updated pics on the external HDD enclosure today or after work tonight.

ok, so I couldn't wait.. here's progress pics on the HDD enclosure. Yes, instead of buying actuall 1/8" tape, I measured and cut it myself. Probably won't be straight, but I'm thinking about putting a black fade on top of it if it doesn't come out right. 1 more coat and we'll see.

Update time again.. Here's the ext HDD enclosure. No clear on it as of yet. I think I'll only put 2 very light coats on, just for a little protection. I wasn't going for a very smooth finish like the mouse, and what the case will eventually have, but I'll probably go over it with 600 before the clear. Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

crispy colours mate, keep up the good work!

That mouse is pretty sweet lookn man, I have about 1,000 of them, i get em for free from work lol. The HDD also looks decent

Not much progress to report over the last couple of days. I've been waiting for the paint on the ext HDD to cure before giving it a light sanding with 600 and then I'll put down a couple light coats of clear. I started working on adding another blue LED to the mouse yesterday.

Nice project looks great. You're on track for this unit. Did you ever or are now serving in the UncleSamsMisguidedChildren (you know sub division of the Navy ... LOL).
    I served 10 years in the Navy on submarines. Yep a bubble head.
    Are you going to use one of the emblems from the hat on your case?

Really looking forward to your developements.

Just remember fly boys... Confucius say there are more Airplanes in the ocean then Submarines in the sky.
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tale Gunner View Post
    Nice project looks great. You're on track for this unit. Did you ever or are now serving in the UncleSamsMisguidedChildren (you know sub division of the Navy ... LOL).
    I served 10 years in the Navy on submarines. Yep a bubble head.
    Are you going to use one of the emblems from the hat on your case?

Really looking forward to your developements.

Just remember fly boys... Confucius say there are more Airplanes in the ocean then Submarines in the sky.
    Yes, we are the MENS dept. lol.. I served from Sept 94 until March 2000. Obviously, I loved every minute I served, otherwise, I wouldn't be doing this mod.. it would probably be something else. Back on the first page is a 3d model of what the case will look like when it's complete. Been trying for 2 weeks to get over to my Dad's shop to get the rest of the case and start painting panels and change over some LED's in the front panel. Work schedules have been conflicting though. Maybe this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MintyMadness View Post
    You need any other pieces, parts, fans, etc? Let me know.. I know the one thing you DO need, I can't give you: Time. LOL I'm havin' my own problems with that.

<o
    Sure man.. I'll take a new mobo, proc, and an 8800gtx.. lol Seriously, I think I'm ok for now. You're right though, I do need more time, and I need to get away from this job that is sucking up all of my IQ, and wasting my time and skills. Hopefully that will change soon though.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by sgtm View Post
    So check this out. I went and bought a new lighter today. I was pleasantly surprized to find that it contained a blue 3v, 5500 mcd LED. I immediately started thinking "what can I use this in?" Well, I didn't think the mouse was bright enough with the LED I put in the other day. So, I decided to add one. Here are some pics.

Lighter

My favorite part, disassembly

Checkin it out

Placement in the mouse. What I did was dremeled a small hole and stuck the LED in there. I was so close, I don't need glue to hold it in place. The soldering iron in the background is about 20 years old.

Hooked up

Underside. The feet will go back in place once painting is done (hopefully soon).
    dude i did exactly the same thing with my monitor... i ripped apart a 49c lighter and put the LED in my 17" LG. lol

The ones that I bought from the electronics store don't work as well.

Project :: RONIN
    .:. C2D E8400 3.0 .:. Asus Rampage Formula .:.Sapphire HD 3870 X2 .:. Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 800Mhz.:. Thermaltake ToughPower 850 W .:.

Project :: RONIN [Dress Rehearsal]
    .:. P4 3.0 HT .:. Sapphire X800 XL Ultimate .:. 1GB DDR 400Mhz .:. ThermalTake Big Typhoon Cooler .:. ThermalRock Ninja Power 420W .:.
    [Microlab Case with Custom Front Mesh Bezel]

Sponsors :: Koolance