Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Official!

Default iPhone Official!

Official Apple iPhone Page here

Announced at Macworld 2007

Damn its sexy

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Default Re: iPhone Official!

Wow. Blackjack and Blackberry phones are now worth nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

What mitter said
    That thing OWNS, now lets just wait for the other companies answer to this.

Featured in my blog
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

I wish I hadn't seen this.. I_want_one_NOWWWW!!!! Did you guys see the demo, when they flip the phone sideways and back again?!?!?! Gotta go wipe the dr00l off the keyboard

+rep for the good find!

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

hehe, i found it amusing that alot of people were trying to hype up Microsoft's zune and its "superior features" and then apple comes out with this. Just an example as to why apple owns the mp3 player market.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Dang, how much are they? They look super pricey...

I wonder if I will have enough if I sell my cell phone (with three batteries), iPod 30GB, and my iPod portable video player.... all of which is not even a month old... hmmm...

Thnx for bringing this up scotty! ...you jerk. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Sure it all looks great when it's first announced. Mac Hype 2.0... I'll hold my breath until:

1. They tell us the battery life. Real world estimates, not their inflated ones.

2. Go with a better carrier than Cingular..Jeeze they are notoriously bad

3. The durability. I've dropped my crapply LG phone many times and it still functions like a champ. It connects without fail, makes calls, period. Is iPhone another glossy, smudge-prone plastic face? Oh that looks classy.

4 Security and encryption. What have they implemented?. Having all that personal data on one device is asking for trouble. Is there a way to physically get secure data off of this thing?

5. Did I mention Cingular? WTF?. More hidden fees than any other provider. No customer loyalty or discounts when upgrading.

6. Cingular!!!?? Cingular has the lowest dropped calls of any carrier only because you cant ****ing connect in the first place. Can You Hear Me Now?
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 01-09-2007 at 09:18 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0609cingulariphone.html

I hope to god that it isnt ONLY cingular. I like Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. ...even though verizon is a little bitch sometimes.

The iPod is at max 8GB... thats kind of lame to me.

The smudge factor... Thats something I forgot about till just now. Not that big of a deal though.

Its kind of funny, I was thinking yesterday how cool it would be to have wifi and a phone built into an iPod.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

note to self: Crimson doesn't like Cingular.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    Sure it all looks great when it's first announced. Mac Hype 2.0... I'll hold my breath until:

1. They tell us the battery life. Real world estimates, not their inflated ones.

2. Go with a better carrier than Cingular..Jeeze they are notoriously bad

3. The durability. I've dropped my crapply LG phone many times and it still functions like a champ. It connects without fail, makes calls, period. Is iPhone another glossy, smudge-prone plastic face? Oh that looks classy.

4 Security and encryption. What have they implemented?. Having all that personal data on one device is asking for trouble. Is there a way to physically get secure data off of this thing?

5. Did I mention Cingular? WTF?. More hidden fees than any other provider. No customer loyalty or discounts when upgrading.

6. Cingular!!!?? Cingular has the lowest dropped calls of any carrier because you cant ****ing connect in the first place. Can You Hear Me Now?
    Good point about the carrier. I don't know much about phone companies but it would be a waste of money to buy this if you cant use it any were. Isn't there a possibility that they may eventually, if the phone becomes more successful, offer other carriers a chance to carry this phone? I know i remember reading that apple was having trouble finding someone to carry it because of the way content can be purchased through Itunes and synced via usb/bluetooth/etc. I guess it was something about the phone companies not making as much money since customers wouldn't have to use airtime in order to download content to their phone. Idk, it was more complicated than that but that seemed to be the gist of it. Carriers see it as a threat to the way they make money off of phones.

As far as security goes... Ive always heard that OS X is supposed to be pretty secure (i should know since i use it, but i don't know how to judge these things.), but i've also heard of people cracking wifi enabled macbooks in minutes. It had something to do with the wifi driver that apple was using.

Over all i think its pretty cool though. My only problem with it is, that i would rather have more room for music. Alot of ppl use more than eight gigs as it is, and once you start adding in these other things (preferences, web browser bookmarks, Calander events, and emails) I can see eight gigs getting filled up pretty fast. Hopefully this touch screen is more durable than the nano screens.

Either way, if i needed a cell phone, and i had the money, I would probably get this, assuming it doesn't completely fail in the market.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.