Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Overclocking celeron d processor

Default Re: Overclocking celeron d processor

personaly I like the Asus p5wdh with a good dual core but I would not get the water cooler your thinking about the pump is well lets just say *****
    I do use Thermaltake water blocks ( volcano 4005 ) works great for the cpu temps are about 33 idle at 3.6 and 41 loaded and I do use thermaltake tide water plus for the gpu's but for an internal cooling system maybe try koolance pump/res combo
    good luck
    my 3D animatin rig,Thermaltake tai chi case, asus P5Wdh, pD 940 3.2,PSU enermax sli 600W& FSP 300w,4 gig's samsung ddr2 ati x1900xtx and x1900 master,sound blaster elite pro ,x4 250 gig HD from samsung (x2) x16 DvD Win TV 250 PVR capture card, 37"full HD LG lcd. Cooling Koolance PC4 1000 x3 120 mm fans on the external rad,thermaltake volcano 4005 cpu waterblock, koolance water blocks HD's Chipset's,Ram tidewater plus for the GPU's.

D'Oh

Default Re: Overclocking celeron d processor

Quote Originally Posted by vermillion_part2 View Post
    Another update:
    Overclocked to 3.10GHz and everything seemed ok until it got to the windows splash screen and it just sat there for like 4 min's which is really weird for my system. So i have come to the conclusion that my system does not like overclocking. Although in my bios i can set my clock up my 1MHz incriments. it does not like to boot even when it is only just overclocked.

Question time:
    What would be a good LGA775 board that can overclock a dual-core processor which is what i am looking at getting for my next system. i should be running a TT Bigwater SE
    Simple fix is to increase cpu core voltage.. warning tho! this can damage it! this is where risks appear, because you need good coolin if you increase the voltage too much.. what is too much? look at the default voltage.. going up with a notch or two isn't that bad, but maybe you need like 1.8V vs 1.6V... that can be too much for a stock cooler... i say can.. it depends a lil on the chip too.. because some chips are very overclockable even with stock speeds..

a good lga775 should be based on the 965 or 975 core, or be a nv680.. your budget and requirements can filter a few.. then you look up reviews for each one and see what other have done
    example: linky (although this is not a recommendation..or not not a recomm.. )
    also, i wouldn't go for that water cooler, unless i was forced.. where i live, i can't get pieces only (think radiator, pump, water block etc) and am limited to about 4 or 5 kits, none really a hellish performer.. here, for the same price, the gigabyte cooler is better.. look for something with a more complex water block, a radiator that is expressly designed for water cooling (most entry models have heat exchangers, not louvered fin rads) and a nice pump

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|