Thread: Soap Mouse

Anodized

Default Soap Mouse

This is kinda cool, and simple to make too. Basically the insides of an optical mouse put inside halves of clear bottles and wrapped in fabric. The result is a Soap Mouse, named after the way you control it.

Check it out on hacked gadgets:

http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/09/28/soap-mouse/

Youtube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hohu8SSpduM

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Soap Mouse

That is very odd. Talk about your innovative thinking! That guy was doing pretty well in the video game too. I wonder how long it took him to learn to use it so effectively? I wish I had a spare optical mouse laying around or I would try making one myself just to see how well it works.

Good find! +1rep
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Anodized

I found a few possible candidates for optical mice on newgrounds. each were under $10. Bottles and some vinyl and sewing from your grandma don't seem to be that hard to find. If you could, you could even disable the buttons on a mouse and wrap that in a sock instead!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Go for it man! It's just calling your name!

Anyone want to give this a try and let us know if its even worth doing?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

ATX Mental Case

definately going to take a shot at this this weekend

I think it has been discussed on here before (the soap mouse that is), but its a cool gadget indeed.
    Go fo it and dont forget to show us the result
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Doomfest View Post
    I found a few possible candidates for optical mice on newgrounds. each were under $10. Bottles and some vinyl and sewing from your grandma don't seem to be that hard to find. If you could, you could even disable the buttons on a mouse and wrap that in a sock instead!
    you mean newegg??

Anodized

Yes, Sorry about that. My mind was elsewhere. Should I or whoever makes it make a worklog on however they did it their way? I was even wondering about incorporating induction charging into the mouse.