Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheiftec

Anodized

Default Cheiftec

Cheiftec cases....what do you think?

Heres my take on one : http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2...mps/My_PC.html
    Im 427 and I approved this post

ATX Mental Case

Good cases. Arnt they like cheep antecs? Ive herd good things. Look, work and last like antecs but there like 50 bucks cheeper.

Or is that Chemming... I cant rembmer.
    Nice case though
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

FX

IMO, Chieftec cases are good project cases.

I've found that a lot of people who want to get into modding, start with a Chieftec "type" case. It allows for a person to practice modding different parts, and if you screw it up, it's not too expensive to replace it - something that's always a concern.

Nice work on that one 427.

Anodized

thanks Scarab. I just want to add that the case that I have is Genuine Cheiftec and I must say thats this case is one supurbly built piece. I love it, except the weight, but thats the price you pay for a case built like a tank.

Id like to see Crimson Sky mod one of these cases! I hope to see one in the future modded professionally!

I myself have 2, and they are really wonderful cases. The only things wrong with them is that they are really heavy and the reset button is too small.

The SlackMeister

i have an antec that looks like that case and i love it. so much room! the only thing that i would change is make 120mm fans instead of 80mm
    Last edited by MrSlacker; 03-25-2005 at 09:03 PM.

If I remember correctly the metallic inner chassis is all made by the same company. Its used by antec, cheiftec, thermaltake and many more. I do believe thats changed in recent years though but for a long time they were all the same.

Anodized

and all those companies who shared those interiors are all very high quality companies!

YES THE RESET BUTTON IS TOO SMALL (but if you put a good system in there (like mine lol) you wont have to use it, whick i think is the manf.'s point)

The weight is fine by me....Ill just get a caddy for the sport of LAN!....and fragging!

The SlackMeister

i dont think it weights a ton. i can pick mine up easily and i am far from being fit. the reset button is small but i can reset it with my pinkie.

Fresh Paint

these are very good cases, it's less attractive than the aspire X-superalien, but then again the chieftec doesn't cost $160.