Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deionized water question

Fresh Paint

Exclamation deionized water question

ok so i got a danger den water cooling system and i wanna hook it up,but i need deionized water,but before i go and purchase it i had a question. is there a difference between distilled water and deionized water or is distilled water deionized?help i wanna get this done ASAP, any help is greatly appreciated.thnx.

Overclocked

Default Re: deionized water question

Distilled water is way better. Deionized water is more expensive and hard to find. It has had most of the dissolved minerals and solids removed by removing ions. It is known to be corrosive because the water will want back ions to remain at equilibrium. Because of that it will strip away ions from wetted metels and your parts will slowly start to corrode. Distilled water has been boiled to remove impurities. It's cheap and you can buy it at the grocery store. It is the most ideal water to use in your system.

Fresh Paint

thanks,i had read on a chemistry website that said that distilled also wont want to conduct just like deionized does.but i wanted to make sure,bc i dont want my comp to be dead after all this work and money ive put in it thus far.

Water Cooled

yeah go with destilled water and maybe some anti-corrosion additives. if i were you, i would put the loop together and test it for a day to see if anything leaks. if everything is good, put it in the machine.

Overclocked

I would definatly want to use some sort of coolant with the distilled water. Do you have any?

U can buy all in one mixes to put into your water cooling systems... Which act as an anti-freeze, anti-corrosive, and anti-bacterial agent.
    This being an example
    http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod2131.htm

Fresh Paint

the kit i bought came with zerex super coolant,im gonna get started now,so ill let you guys know how it goes tomorrow after its done leak testing.thanks for all the help.

Water Cooled

no probs, im very glad you asked before ruining everything let us know how u made out

Fresh Paint

well im done now,after pulling an all nighter. leak tested it and im glad i did bc i had water all over the place.i really dont have enough room in my case so i had to kinda ghetto rid it all up,but its workin and thats all that really matters i guess.

Water Cooled

which kit do you have? read all the instructions and make sure you clamped the hose on tight.