Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thermalright XP 90

Water Cooled

Default Thermalright XP 90

Hey, does anyone here use the XP-90 heatsink?

I was going to put at Gigabyte PCU21-VG heatsink on my CPU because I needed something that is not too tall as I am using it in a SFF pc.

The dimensions of this heatsink are:
    8.5cm Width
    9cm Depth
    9.5cm Heighth

Thanks makes it about 2cm too tall and .25cm too wide

I need something a bit shorter. if possible.

I know there are sites out there that have the dimensions of the heatsink but I need to know if that is the height of the heatsink with or without the fan and if it is measuring just the heatsink or including the height off the mobo PCB. If anyone out there uses this heatsink can you please illuminate me?

Thanks
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Overclocked

Default Re: Thermalright XP 90

For my P4, I'm using a Zalman C7700 HSF on an MSI 865PE mobo. That particular combo meets my needs very well. It's compact, has good cooling properties, and looks cool with the blue LED! But I'm getting off track. I've never used the XP-90, though I've heard good things about it. Well, you could always get a new case to fit that HS.

Here's a link to FrozenCPU, it's a really good site devoted to cooling products. Check out the CPU section for a large selection of HSF's.
    http://www.frozencpu.com
    I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but that's my two cents.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Water Cooled

I believe you are referring to the cnps 7700. And unfortunately, according to Zalman's website, the 7700 and the 7000c HSFs are not compatable with my board. I am using an MSI RS480M2-IL. That was my first intention until I read it was not compatable with my board

THanks anyway
    - Unknown

Water Cooled

i dont have the xp 90 but im pretty sure the height on their site is from the base of the heatsink to the top of it, without the fan. if you are looking to replace the gigabyte one, id recommend the tr slk-948u, review here
    nice mobo btw

Water Cooled

I had seen that one before but had ruled it out because the density of the fins was such that it required a high CFM fan. That usually also translates to higher noise. I am hoping to avoid that.
    - Unknown

Water Cooled

i dont think you need a high cfm fan for the slk948u, you would probably get away with a 40cfm 90mm fan. you could also use noise dampening mats if you'd really need a tornado on it. im afraid you wont be able to fit the xp 90 in there. its pretty tall plus add 2.5cm for the fan and airflow. you'd have to mod that drive bay and somehow find room for it, or choose a different heatsink. did you look at the thermaltake pipe101? ive heard its a good heatsink with 4 heatpipes and it is 5cm high. anyways, check out some low-profile coolers or look for a way to mod that case, or you can order the heatsink too and pry for it to fit while its on its way

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I believe you are referring to the cnps 7700. And unfortunately, according to Zalman's website, the 7700 and the 7000c HSFs are not compatable with my board. I am using an MSI RS480M2-IL. That was my first intention until I read it was not compatable with my board

THanks anyway
    Wow, I thought the 7xxx series was pretty much universal... and just for reference, what CPU are you using?
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Water Cooled

- Unknown

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I'm assuing you are OCing.

Let's see, an XP-90 won't fit, and Zalman dosen't support your mobo... shoot, I'm out of ideas. I'll snoop around a little bit.

Water Cooled

your assistance is very much appreciated. BTW, I hadn't thought about the pipe 101. I will look into that one. Anyone had any experience they would care to share with that one?
    - Unknown