Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: casemod: AlumaxX

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: casemod: AlumaxX

I think Paul might have some competition soon.

This thing is amazing. The attention to detail, the theme, and last but definitely not least, the simplicity. This is easily the Doom3 of clean cases. Not to mention, all the acrylic pieces add to the whole theme in their own, unique way.

It's amazing. It really is.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Wicked Cool Case....

Finished case

Before I put the case together I cleaned all the parts. This are some pictures of the finished case. ( made with my old camera, so some parts may look bend )

The case was almost ready for the Dutch Championship casemodding. But I needed to add two more details. First the AlumaxX logo, a double X.

and my own logo I normally use to sign my drawings, FJW.

In April I won the Dutch Championship Casemodding with this case. Even some (computer)magazines and newspapers were interested in the championship.

Thanks for all your comments. This isn't a real worklog ofcourse, the case was already finished. I just wanted to show some photographs of this mod befoe starting a worklog with my next casemod over here. There are so many forums about casemodding that I didn't know about this one when I was building this case. The Doom project brought me here. I already started with my new project, but will start the worklog some later. Only have some sketches, bought the first materials I will need and build the frame for the next case. From januar till februar the 16th I will be in Australia, so no modding for some time. When I'm back in the Netherlands I will start with the project "Evolutionay" and show the progress in this forum.

Anodized

Atfirst sight, I didn't even know you installed LED's in that thing... your attention to tiny details really made the case look great! You're an artist at heart

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Heh, No newspaper could do this justice.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin

From januar till februar the 16th I will be in Australia, so no modding for some time. When I'm back in the Netherlands I will start with the project "Evolutionay" and show the progress in this forum.
    Sweet where in Australia are you visiting?
    Need a sig

I'll will travel from Cairns to Sydney. When I have enough time left I will probably go from Sydney to Melbourne and back again. I met a great French girl last year in Darwin and she works and lives in Melbourne. Hope to see her again.

very nice work Franklin, can't waint to see a worklog for your new project. You deffinatly have some mad skills. I love the porthole type thing on the front of the computer, and the wattercooling looks amazings. Also very nice placement of the UV led's, almost hidden in plain sight on a side view.

Also, what language is that newspaper in? I thought it was German but I can only understand about 1/3 of it. I've beentkaing German here in the US for about 3 years now, but I'm not that great at it, so I could just suck.

what can I say... uh WOW!!! +rep from me

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    very nice work Franklin, can't waint to see a worklog for your new project. You deffinatly have some mad skills. I love the porthole type thing on the front of the computer, and the wattercooling looks amazings. Also very nice placement of the UV led's, almost hidden in plain sight on a side view.

Also, what language is that newspaper in? I thought it was German but I can only understand about 1/3 of it. I've beentkaing German here in the US for about 3 years now, but I'm not that great at it, so I could just suck.
    I'm not from Germany but from Holland, so the newspaper is in Dutch.

Thanks for all the compliments.