Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp Res 3 Mega

Case Wizard

Default Re: Hp Res 3 Mega

That is looking really sweet ... love the Mobo Cover.

Rankenphile

Defyant, I saw your HPRES2 mod featured in PC Modding Magazine (I think that's the name). Nice job. Too bad the picture they took didn't show much of anything, but still nice to see one of the guys from TBCS in the magazine.

Anyone who doesn't have the magazine should pick it up, especially newbs to the mod circuit like myself. It has great articles on the basics of watercooling, jsut about every part of a computer (processors, mobos, PSUs, RAM, etc, etc, etc) and lots of other good info.

Anyway, mad props. The mobo cover turned out great!

yer!! thats the second time the case has featured in a mag and thyve used a less then stellar pic

thats what happends when you send these guys a bunch of pics and ...let them decide wich ones to use...

we all know theres way better pics...but i'll live and learn

Thanx for the great comment tho guys i really do appreciate the feedback

Better post this update while im here

The original plan for the CDROM was to simply cut a slot for a pioneer slot loading cdrom........ but after using that idea on H-1 i decided to scrap that it and go with something that was a bit more challenging and suited the rest of the mod more.

A pioneer DVR-109bk was chosen for the mod. It has a "thinner" type tray and is shorter in overall lenght.

The tray is measured @ around 12mm so 14mm thick plex will be needed to make the new front.

A "thingamajig" is used to get the shape of HPR3's facia then transfered onto a peice of 14mm thick plex..this is then "ruff cut" using a jigsaw.

A therapudic solid hour of sanding and wetrubbing almost get the new front to its final shape theres still a few bits to go over but this is pretty close to the final look.

this next part was going to hurt!!! i was cutting into what i thought was an already perfect shape to say there was no going back is a bit drastic.... but it still felt wierd!

The door slot is of course not a final look.... more bondo will be reaplied around the edges and to cover up the old light holes below.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:43 PM.

This gives you a look @ how the end reslut will be...i think the new "dummy" door is now a feature ...the second or "middle" light will be sortened and all 3 lights will eventually be lit.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:45 PM.

D'Oh

...........................c o o l b l u e d o o r..... dang, i'm speechless

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

thanx dgmkr the end result with the matching 2 lower lights will have a distinct look.

i really needed to get on with finsihing off the rest of the lighting for HPR3...as will all the lighting so far its been double the effort...for every blue LED i install i have to install a red one as well... all up so far a whopping 20 RED and Blue LED's go to make HPR3's internal lighting.

Power is added to the front CDrom and HDD cage.

a molex is depinned, a hole cut and fitted back into the unit..this will supply power for the front of the case.

The original idea was to add some old intel slot type heatsinks to the side of the HDD to help cool.... i scrapped this idea and went with a cutom drilled
    plex bracket mod instead.

2 peices of polished cut to size 10mmthick strips of plex are drilled.

Then re-drilled to add a stepped type counter sunk channel to both the brackets.

This allows the HDD screws to fit all the way down the tunnels.

These will act as "risers" and lift the HDD above the clear 80mm fan that will be mounted in the bottom of the box.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Holes are drilled and counter sunk for the 80mm exhaust fan. Again steinless steel HEX head bolts are used.

The set of RED/BLUE Leds are installed and wiring completed for power.

The 4 LEDs installed are to supply Light to the Lower Fan box, Small holes are drilled and the LDS poke thru the base of the HDD box shining down onto the Fan Box.

Looking UP @ the unit you can see how the lights will shine down.

This shot shows both blue and red LEDs running @ once.

Just blue LED's

The end result..showing all three colour effects.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Defyant You Are A Gaaaawd!!!
    Copyright.

"The Plexi Masta" or "THE CAse Mod God"