Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speakers

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Speakers

I agree with Fear about the sound cards. They make good sound cards. But I wouldn't go as far as "begging" due to user experience. I could beg you to get the Z-5500 because I have had a very excellent user experience with it. But I know that the decision is yours to make so I don't beg.

Creative does have some excellent speakers. From what I have heard at least. I think its pretty safe to say that logitech and creative are the best companies out there for speakers.

Fear: I believe you have a sound card from creative don't you? or am I thinking of someone else? What did you get? Pro's and Con's?

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Creative has some excellent speakers though. From what I have heard at least. I think its pretty safe to say that logitech and creative are the best companies out there for speakers.
    For Computers, certainly. Although you can get some really good stuff if you go to an Audio shop and get your own amps and kit. There's a pawn shop in Glasgow that gets a lot of High Quality Audio kit on a regular basis, and most people can't tell the difference between low and high quality, so that's a great place to pick up a bargain.

If you do your homework first, you'd be surprised at how much you can save by being clever.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    For Computers, certainly. Although you can get some really good stuff if you go to an Audio shop and get your own amps and kit. There's a pawn shop in Glasgow that gets a lot of High Quality Audio kit on a regular basis, and most people can't tell the difference between low and high quality, so that's a great place to pick up a bargain.

If you do your homework first, you'd be surprised at how much you can save by being clever.

-Dave
    Never thought of doing that, I bet you could save alot of money doing it that way. It makes sense too. Building your own computer is cheaper than buying one. Same with H2O kits.

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I've had the Z-5500s for over a year now and lemme tell you, you wont regret getting those if you do: 500 Watts of pure beastly power, but doesnt lose fidelity in the power. I've had it hooked up to my comp via optical and the sound is unbelievably clear. Lastly, the woofer will vibrate your whole house. Then again it sounds a little too expensive for you. If you can't get that I'd go with the Z-5300e, which are like 300w and THX certified.

If for some strange reason you don't want Logitechs, go for Creative up next; their pretty nice.

Hope that helps,
    Indybird

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    Lastly, the woofer will vibrate your whole house.
    Hey Indy,
    How do you have your sub setup?

I played with mine, until I got it at an angle against the wall (the grill part), then the port (black plastic 'horn') is pointed at where I sit.
    Apparently, this arrangement provides some kick-ass 'resonance' against the wall, and... well... it rattles stuff off the shelves.

How's yours? Just wondering.

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by MintyMadness View Post
    I can hear what avril lavrigne is saying when my sister blast some of her CRAP, when Im down in the basement in the evening..
    anyway..
    -Jeremy
    What's wrong with Avril La...

wait

wait...
    stop
    edit
    EDIT
    back
    BACK!

For a true thearter experiance, you need a home thearter.

I have a middle aged 500w Sony home thearter reciver $15(asumed broken). Two 150w 15 inch kenwood fronts $200(most expencive component). Two sony mini surrounds obtained from a deal i made. A smaller 85w 8 inch powered subwoofer $30.

Last summer, i hosted a few concerts from my balcony. I've got more bass than i can throw a stick at and unbelieveable surround clarity. I've never had the balls to turn the volume past 6 on the dial, its over-powering at 4. Although i know it could handel at least 8.5 given the chance.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

wow thanks for all the replies guys, sorry i haven't replied. This post has seemed to slip my mind. But i'm back now.
    Anyway can i get a model number or something for those creative speakers? I'll check them out but for now i'm either going with the X530 or the Creative ones.

I have another question tho. If i were to tell you that i was buying these speakers cheap now so that after a month or two i could get better ones. What would you guys say? Should i still get these speakers or should i get some good Surround Sound Headphones instead? This way it seems like a bit of a waste even tho they will fall into my dads hands, after i've gotten the better Z5500 model, to go with his newly modded case (done by me very soon).

Should i still get speakers even tho i'm going to replace them in a month or two with better ones? Or should i get some good surround sound headphones now so i don't end up wasting some perfectly good speakers later on?

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I've got the average setup.

^
    _____[]
    <______________>

v___________v

^ = Center, <> = Left and Right Front, [] = Subwoofer, vv = Left and Right Rear
    (Ignore the lines)

Just your average 5.1 speaker setup...

I would definitly wait. Use that extra money to buy even better speakers.

Some good brands:

Klipche
    Hardmon & kardon
    RCA
    Logitech
    Creative
    Kenwood
    Sony
    Nuance
    Pro Audio
    Yamaha
    Paradigm
    JA Audio
    Theater Research
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.