Thread: Wii

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Wii

I was one of the few in my area to preorder a Wii and pick one up on launch day. I have to say, the technology in this thing is pretty impressive, the controller's pretty fun and innovative, Call of Duty 3 is pretty good, as is Twilight Princess... you can punch in CoD3 by just moving the controller forward instead of using a button, the same goes for reloading, switching guns, etc. When you drive something, you use the Wiimote and Nunchuk as a steering wheel, etc. which was more fun that using a stupid thumbstick.

I'll probably comment more later, but I'm getting kinda tired at the moment...

Edit: This should keep all interested parties occupied for some time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

Default Re: Wii

I do agree that the new controller system is awesome but i have to say that if it weren't for that. The new Wii would be less impressive. Apart from having slightly improved graphics capabilities i see nothing new in it. I expected something way cooler from nintendo seeing as they were the top dogs for so long.

At first, I was skeptical, and needed to play it before I bought it. But after visiting a friends dorm, making my Mii, and playing a few games, I am hooked on the thing! Even though it seems gimmicky and looks like a lot of work, it really is fun, especially when you have friends and family around.

What's great is that the same friend also has a projector, so every time we play it is an experience. We even had a 2 console Wii party, and hooked them up to a projector and a 50-inch rear projection TV. Wii Sports, Super Monkey Ball, and Rayman provide great multi-person fun, although I'm unsure how those games will hold up without a crowd around.

I really wish I picked one up on launch day. They are so hard to find, unless you want to get raped purchasing one off of eBay.

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

Nintendo didn't go for bleeding edge graphics or processor power. Sony controls that market.

The whole idea behind the wii is a cheap alternative that's family friendly, unique, and fun for anyone who plays. They hit their mark. Think of it as a suped up gamecube with a better controller and network function.

I'm glad to see that adult titles are coming out as well as the pg stuff.

I will buy a wii in a year or two. I never buy a console when they come out. Waste of money.

The whole idea behind the wii is a cheap alternative that's family friendly, unique, and fun for anyone who plays. They hit their mark. Think of it as a suped up gamecube with a better controller and network function.
    Thanks for saying that! Nintendo know their customer, unlike Sony, who think they know their customer. Hence the spate of recent failed Ad campaigns from Sony that have had them blasted by the media worldwide, an overpriced and unwanted console, and the general loss of all the exclusive titles that made the Playstation what it was. X-Box is the new competition, i honestly don't see the Playstation brand making it past this stage. Nintendo, i suspect, will be around forever.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I have a friend who got a Wii who I am in conduct with regulary. He got his Wii and the new Zelda game they came out on. I haven't heard from him since.
    Need a sig

Overclocked

I hate wii. My arms are still aching from playing on Saturday.

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by chedabob View Post
    I hate wii. My arms are still aching from playing on Saturday.
    You're talking about the Nintendo Wii... right?

Pump some iron chedabob, that will stop.

When Nintendo stops trying the rat race and starts focusing on what makes them unique, they almost always do well. A great example is the handheld market. The gameboy color was an answer to the sega handheld and both sucked. The DS was Nintendo's answer to the PSP and it did amazingly well. It doesn't have the features, or abilities. What it does have is a unique idea that's useful and fun.

Although I like the Xbox 360 quite a bit, if I had kids I would get them a Wii before and xbox just for the mere fact that they would at least be getting exercise with the Wii.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri