Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: durecell is dead...long live ....japanese thingy

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

Default durecell is dead...long live ....japanese thingy

Default Re: durecell is dead...long live ....japanese thingy

Awsome !

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

woow, now that is great, 'wonder if they are going to live for a long time, the bigger companies may not like this

LOUD AND PROUD !

I can see the future now: a totally autonomous Watercooled Rig. No more big bills for electricity. Is'nt that wonderfull?

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Aren't the batteries "activated" by water? He said you can activate the battery by licking it. So do the batteries have water in them or what? Whatever it is, they aren't normal because they can be made at, what was it?? 1/6th of the price of a normal battery?

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Aren't the batteries "activated" by water? He said you can activate the battery by licking it. So do the batteries have water in them or what? Whatever it is, they aren't normal because they can be made at, what was it?? 1/6th of the price of a normal battery?

-SnowFire
    No, they're activated by an external source of water/moisture.
    Think of it as fizz candy, normal condition while dry, but fizzes when wet
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

...makes you think...what happens if you make one equal to 20 car batteries and toss it in a swimming pool....

but seriously that shounds amazing, I hope it actually gets put into production.

It can be activated by external water or licking it and he wants to wear it on his lapel while mountain climbing?
    Unless you're in the desert, aren't mountains tall snow, ice, and misty watery cloud covered things?
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    It can be activated by external water or licking it and he wants to wear it on his lapel while mountain climbing?
    Unless you're in the desert, aren't mountains tall snow, ice, and misty watery cloud covered things?
    Depends.. what part of the world are you in, and what elevation?

Life is like an analogy...

plastic bags maybe...

i dont think he actually meant wearing it and having it exposed to water.

i figured it was a matter of time until carbon based batteries came out. carbon nanotubes have been shown to generate electricity when water is passed through them. this is due to polar interactions between the water molecules and the walls of the tubes. think of the water molecules as magnets passing by the coils which in this case are the nanotubes.

now as for the battery... im not too sure what the mechanism would be. its definitely not like the nanotube thing because that involves running water. it has to be some sort of hydrolitic reaction to form charged products that interact to form polar extremes inside the battery. thats just wild... very complicated, and beyond me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it