Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raidmax

Default Raidmax

It seems like Raidmax are the only brand of PC cases i can get from my local supplier so i've narrowed it down to two. Please don't suggest me other cases or other brands. A simple decision will suffice, not "omg those r so ****, don't get those, they suck, get so and so".

Raidmax Ninja
    Raidmax Sirius

If i go with the Sirius i will most likley go with the Silver but for the ninja it's the black.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Raidmax

Well, I really don't like things that look like Alienware, unless of course it's actually Alienware. But even then its kind of "eh" with me. So I say go with the Sirius. I also like the tribal designs on the Sirius, even though it wasn't "Modder Made" and looks like it doesn't have much overall case mod-ability.

Another idea, would be to take apart your case to its skeletal form and start from there. To give you a better example of what I mean and/or what you could do, I'll tell you what I am planning on doing to my current rig, which is already in it's skeletal form thanks to some quick work with a standard drill.

Cover the top and both sides with "modders mesh".

Take off all the lips on the front of the case and fill in everything with bondo to give it a smooth front panel. Then I'll place plexiglass over that and "fashion-ably" bolt it in. Kind of like what they did with the "X-Dreamer" case from aspire.

I might even cut some windows in the mesh and put plexi behind that. Thats about all I have planned so far other than painting the finished products a simple but glossy pitch dark black.

Actually, after asking for the where-abouts of "modders mesh", I stumbled across this modded case that looks alot like what I want to do. I guess I'm not the only one to have this simple but effective idea?

http://www.acryan.com/gallery/PimpMyPC03/index.shtml

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

i'm going to mod my dad's case (it's a modders dream, an old beige piece of scrap metal they call a case) but haven't planned any ideas for that so for now, for my new comp i'm looking to buy one of those. i was sort of going for the sirius but i wanted to hear what other people thought of it too.

I like the mesh on top of it letting the hot air escape, practical and maybe a little fanless design idea =]

Case Wizard

I'm not sure how helpful my opinion is, but here goes...

Between the two cases to choose from, I would personally pick the Sirius. It looks better and there is less cheap plastic (or less noticeable for all I know). I think they designed it better than the Ninja case. According to the spec sheet on Newegg, the Sirius has better cooling with 2x 120 mm fans and a side 80 mm. The Ninja only holds 1 120 mm and 1 80 mm. But I'm not sure about this because in this picture, it shows that the front fan has 3 different mounting holes, so it could maybe fit 120 mm, 92 mm, and 80 mm (eyeballing/wild guess). One big thing I see with BOTH cases is that the airflow from the front intake is blocked by how the hard drive cage is positioned. I think it should be rotated 90 degrees. I kind of like the fact that Raidmax put the diamond design on the window to make it less boring.

Oh, my friend built a PC for someone using the Ninja case and he cut himself a few times. Then again... he is rather clumsy.

That sucks how you are limited to what your local supplier has... But, your dad's case is just pleading to get an extreme makeover!

both cases can hold the same number of fans in the same places. 120mm in the back, 120mm in the front and an 80mm on the side. I'm gonna get a Fan Adapter so that i can mount a 120mm on the side as well tho so i think that should suffice =]. Plus i'll have a big 120mm Zalman CPU cooler inside which will help the flow. I will probably go with the sirius. The design is more cooling friendly and the case is in all bigger then the ninja (might have difficulty fitting an 8800GTX inside the ninja. The tech guys at scorptec showed me the 8800GTX card and it barley fit into a case they were filling up with goodies of high stature =]) If you have an 8800GT then add an extra inch onto the end of it and you've got a GTX. Friggin huge cards.....

as for the make over, i'll see what i can do, maybe run through some ideas with you guys but definatley adding a window with mesh / plexi. Maybe a coat of paint if i can afford it. This mod will probably happen a month after i get my new comp. Seeing as i'm stretching my parents thin of cash lolz. 4G for comp + 4 PC games for christmas. All up around 4 and a half grand. After i mod the case i'll talk to my dad about going with watercooling. The Zalman Reserator 2 caugh my eye and will go like a twin brother to the sirius case =]

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Well, considering that (according to Kevin, aka progbuddy) Alienware has been bought out be Dell, it's probably better that they look like Alienware while not actually being Alienware.

I like alienware cases. They look so awesome! I don't see anything wrong with them =] I would definatley go for them but they're not supplied here in AU....

I guess Sirius it is =]
    I'll post some pics when i get it. D-Day is the 12th of Jan =]

Fresh Paint

have u expirienced before with it???? do you have any idea in mind???????

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    I like alienware cases. They look so awesome! I don't see anything wrong with them =] I would definatley go for them but they're not supplied here in AU....

I guess Sirius it is =]
    I'll post some pics when i get it. D-Day is the 12th of Jan =]
    Alienware's not too bad, but if I could pick a case to mod, it'd be an old one with the "turbo" button on the front. lol damn, that's be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

i'll upload some pics of my dads **** on wheels for you guys to drool over lolz

back off! it's my mod mwahahahaha!