Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gears Of War

Default Gears Of War

For any of you that own an Xbox 360, I have to say that Gears of War is definitely worth buying. I was unsure at first about it bieng third person (I really didnt like Advance Warfighter) but this game is pretty much one of the best games I've ever played, and that title doesnt come easy.

After getting it 8 hours ago and 7 hours straight of gaming, I am visibly shaking yet I still havent beaten the game. It is such an intense game with just the right amount of "bosses" and ambushes. If I had one game to suggest buying, it would be Gears of War (Although I havent played FEAR yet). Definitely worth your while.

P.S.
    If anyone wants to play sometime, my Gamertag is "SpaceShadow".

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Gears Of War

I still have to wait a couple of days till its out in the UK which sucks but I will drop you message, and kill you at it once I have completed it on insane.

^^ someone needs an ass whuppin' !

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    ^^ someone needs an ass whuppin' !

-Dave
    lol. But Splinter Cell Double Agent is pretty freakin awesome.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Custom View Post
    I still have to wait a couple of days till its out in the UK which sucks but I will drop you message, and kill you at it once I have completed it on insane.
    You would have to play through the campaign twice then.

Anyways, the game was very good. Very fun if you do co-op with a buddy.

I'm still waiting for it. The total suckage for me is that the second day of camp is the day it comes out in Melbourne...... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH
    It had to be the 29th didn't it.....
    For a moment i was actually considering not going to camp coz of this.
    But only for a moment =P

Life is like an analogy...

this game is... more than just very good, more than very fun. its pure PWNAGE! its violent as hell... and fast paced.

it sets a new level for games as far as im concerned. they have good looking rain for once that you can see hitting the ground. they have RUNNING water!!! theres little streams of water running off roofs that interact with your character if you walk under them. its that physx API working its magic.

not only that, but the visuals are superb. imagine the screenshots that were coming out before it was released, and thats about what you're playing in. you just dont really have time to appreciate it because you get your head taken off while gawking... literally... severe decapitation and dismemberment is a regular thing... considering your rifle has a chainsaw on the front. and the shotgun... wow can it make a mess at close range.

sound is good too. remember half life 2 and the distance effects like when a grenade blows up across the map? its done better in gears of war.

overall, A++ rating from me. i dont personally own a 360, but im seriously considering buying one now.

ill look for you shadowsniper. i play on my friend's xbox right now under the name fallscirmjager, and my friend uses the name Strike and Hold, and his brother uses the name Citizen Soldier. if i buy a 360... my name is obviously going to be slug toy. or maybe Lt. Uncle Wrench...

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Case Wizard

I'm not trying to repost, but just in case you didn't see my thread in the Hot Hardware Deals Slug Toy, Amazon is going to be selling Xbox 360's for a really good price.

Life is like an analogy...

oh man, thats an impossible price. $100? awesome. you know what sucks though... thursday is my long day of classes. im gone by 7AM pacific time, and im not home until... 5:30. i wont get in on that one... no chance.

my plan is to wait until the new year to see what happens. the price will either go down, or another sale will come around (theres one on right now that knocks $100 off at best buy and futureshop too).

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

I'm not gonna be online for about a week for my xbox got hungry and has started eating discs (Scratching them). I'm gonna have to wait until I get some parts to fix it which get here on Thursday. Hopefully see you then.