Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSU Modular Design 2?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default PSU Modular Design 2?

Here is something I have not seen before, a PSU with a very unique modular design. I think hiper is calling it "Modular 2" or something like that? What do you guys think? I personally don't like it at all, but it might be kind of handy in some situations? My guess is it will be like BTX form factor, handy for some, but not for all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817128009

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

Default Re: PSU Modular Design 2?

Theres way better ones than that.

Hm...it's not really much different from the one i have. I think i prefer the cables at the front, instead of having to worry about them interfering with the CPU HSF. I can't see this taking off.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Overclocked

Cables are always at the front, its just easier =\

that looks like a tangled mess. They are better at the front so you can hide them easier. I guess this could be cool for a specific mod, but other than that I'd say forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Hm...it's not really much different from the one i have. I think i prefer the cables at the front, instead of having to worry about them interfering with the CPU HSF. I can't see this taking off.

-Dave
    this was my second choice of psu for my build i loved the idea of this new modular cabling bu but what really turned me off to this psu was that they would indeed interfere with my hsf and besides on the thermaltake armor case psu is positioned on its side so by having the second 3.5 inch hdd bays in the back you couldn't plug anything in with this psu
    hence the reason why i went with the antec 550
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

I looked at that psu but the cables would interfere with my Saphire Toxic ATI Radeon X1950 XTX video card and i don't like that psu

i went with the Kingwin ABT-600CW

I'm sorry, I'm not being rude (or trying to atleast) but what was the point of naming out the full name of your video card (Saphire Toxic ATI Radeon X1950 XTX video card) and not just saying "it'll get in the way of my video card"? lol

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

He was probably just being specific. If my ATI Radeon X300SE was in there, it would fit fine with the modular 2 design, but I've seen a couple other brands that make the X300SE and I would be in the same boat as him at the end of the day.

Another reason could be that he probably knows that SOMEONE would ask what he has. So list it now and get any confusion out of the way.

My guess is that he just wanted to brag a little bit. A Saphire Toxic ATI Radeon X1950XTX is a pretty sweet card!

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    I looked at that psu but the cables would interfere with my Saphire Toxic ATI Radeon X1950 XTX video card and i don't like that psu

i went with the Kingwin ABT-600CW

correct me if im wrong but isnt the card called toxic because of the toxic water cooling kit it has installed on it???
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha