Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: liquid wiring

Overclocked

Default Re: liquid wiring

and that is the reason why I don't like mercury. but if you put it in a sube, wouldnt it look like its a wire with clear insulation, but silver instead of the common copper? seems ridiculous to use a toxic substance in place of a green alternative. and no im not on the ion kick again, but instead just saying why use it for wires when you could just string some al wire through some plastic tubes, heck, even melt some al down with a crucible and pour it into tubes so it looks like a liquid...

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    heck, even melt some al down with a crucible and pour it into tubes so it looks like a liquid...
    WTF???
    wouldnt that melt through and short your computer, yeah, i dont think that will work
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Overclocked

by the time you got it to the computer it would have solidified in the tubes, leaving no air trapped with it. and of course let it cool...

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Before you guys start getting high on god knows that sort of fumes, check out this article i found.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

And also I think that you guys got away from the main idea of the idea. I think you wanted liquid wires so they look cool, transparent, react to UV and all that fancy jazz, and now you have come to the idea of using mercury, well mercury looks like metal (duh) and in transparent tubing it'll just be dark gray, so it would give you much estethical beauty, if someone can come up with UV reactive mercury, then that's cool, but with just mercury your wires wont look much different than normal wires.

That's my two bucks on the topic.

Fresh Paint

In an add on to your possible Liquid Wiring Idea I had a spot of idea myself. If you could find a liquid capable of producing a consistent current. I'm fairly new to this so I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but if you had a water cooled computer simple connect the power supply with a wire to the resevoir of liquid, and then have all other components connect to the water aswell. If not a water cooled computer just put a box with water in it to connect to. It might look kool with all the wires going into the resevoir and appear to not be connected. Just a thought

I actually might talk to my chemistry teacher about this and ask him if I can test out various things in the lab.

Fresh Paint

Im doing some testing now i'mg oing to incorporate it in my first mod if i can. The only thing is that with so much electiricty transfer the liquid cant be affected by the electricity. Water would not work since it changes into Oxygen and hydrogen when an electric current is put through it.

Fresh Paint

well actually water isnt as conductive as you think. you would need to add something to it.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbelmo159 View Post
    well actually water isnt as conductive as you think. you would need to add something to it.
    Water is still conductive, unless it's de-ionized.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"