Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Community PC

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Community PC

I can't contribute as much as I would like to... but I AM still part of this community and I will do my best to help out where I can.

That said, Make a Wish Foundation gets my vote!

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

My vote: Make A Wish

My Opinion: I'm still donating the OS no matter what.

Theme and due date are going to be hard to give them until MAWF gets back to us on what the kid wants. I think it's very cool that PCG is willing to feature this. E-mail sent.

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by MintyMadness View Post
    I want you guys to take pride in this. I haven't been a part of this community for very long, but I am honored by the amount of respect I have been given by complete strangers. It is definately a first. This is a very reputable site, and after this mod, we will have a standard to live up to. The bar has already been set by this website, but with this mod, we will be setting it just that much higher. Keep in mind that after this gets public this site may receive and even bigger boom in people showing up to the site. There will be some asshats and younger kids who have little to no net-iquette and they will(probably) be some asinine posting done after this goes public. We have gotten a little heated amoungst ourselves, (I myself am guilty of this, so this really applies to me a lot), but we have to keep our tempers in check. Lets not give anyone a reason to badmouth us, you know?
    Nice piece of writting right there....

I'm with you on all the points.
    This site is super friendly, and we're super civil towards each other.
    And, when this gets publicized, there will definitely be a big boom in members.
    So, yes, as Minty said, let's try to keep ourselves within check.
    Let's set the example.
    We are, without a doubt, the envy of other boards.

eMail sent.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

You guys still need any parts? Let me know...
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Check the master component list, although I don't know if it's been updated in a while. I recommend that if you have something on the "needed" list, PM crimson so he knows for sure the part is on the table.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

the Master List is up to date.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

I think we should consider starting a collection pool that anyone who is willing can contribute to. If we don't end up with all the hardware donated when it comes time to build we'll need to pick it up quick. Once we have a young one to build for we'll need to move pretty fast to get Crimson all the parts he needs so that the project isn't held up by a missing HDD or something. I'll start a pool with my paypal account as a holding for funds until we're done unless anyone has objections/other ideas. If you would like to contribute some cash to the project, PM me the amount and I'll give you the account to deposit it in. Unless you specifiy that you want to remain annonymous, I'll forward a list of contributors and the amount we have at our disposal to Crimson. When we're done, I guess we'll decide what to do if there is any left over, maybe online credit for the kid to buy games with? What do you all think?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Sounds good to me, Jon. To everyone else: Jon (jdbnsn) is a trustworthy guy, a good dude. I think we can all trust him with the charity fund.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Thanks fellas, nothing is set in stone yet so I'll wait to hear from more folks involved in this to get more of a consensus and be sure it's ok with everyone. In the meantime, can someone use the "needed" section of the master component list and come up with an estimate to how much we need? Once we have that we can start reaching toward a tangible goal.