Thread: In need of a CHROME PSU modular that will handle 2 8800 GTX's in SLI

Default In need of a CHROME PSU modular that will handle 2 8800 GTX's in SLI

anyone know where I might find a Chrome or polished aluminum PSU

capable of handling the duanting task of 2 8800 GTX's in SLI along with everything else... Id say neeeds to be a minimum of 850 watts

Really would prefer modular

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: In need of a CHROME PSU modular that will handle 2 8800 GTX's in SLI

Two 8800GTX's? Why do you have or plan on getting two 8800GTX's? lol That is alot of GPU power!

As for the PSU, why don't you just paint it chrome? Most "chrome" PSU's are exactly that anyways. Or you can have it dismantled if you don't know how and have it chromed? I don't think that would be a good idea at all though. Chrome discolors with heat, which is all the more reason why companies "paint" them chrome instead of actually chroming it. Which would cost alot to do and to sell anyways.

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Case Wizard

Default Re: In need of a CHROME PSU modular that will handle 2 8800 GTX's in SLI

I don't know of any PSU that is rated that high and is chrome. I think you should pick a nVidia certified PSU (check www.slizone.com for a list) and paint it chrome yourself.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Here you go

This PSU is 1000w and is sought of crome

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817342008

This PSU is only 5o0w but it looks like crome

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=1972
    Need a sig

Case Wizard

That is what laziness gets me into... Thanks simon275. Go with the ePower. Seems like just what you were looking for.