Thread: Half-Life 2 case mod ideas and questions

Overclocked

Lightbulb Half-Life 2 case mod ideas and questions

So here's the deal:

I've been considering a case mod based on HL2 (seems like these are few in number), and I've got a few ideas. First of all, I would like to replicate the metallic look of Combine buildings and outposts. I've got some idea as to how I will paint the case, but any pointers would be appreciated (like the type of paint).

More importantly, I need to find a case model that will be easy to modify yet retain some of it's original quality, and I would like to keep costs to a minimum (at least on the case).

I need some help with decoration ideas as well. A case painted metallic blackish-blue will be sort of boring. I was thinking about finding/building a couple model Striders and Gunships, but that might be a bit costly and time-consuming (though I would certainly enjoy it ).

So, do you guys think you could help me out? Got any ideas of your own? Go ahead and discuss your designs here if you like. Thanks in advance!

MC
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Water Cooled

Default Re: Half-Life 2 case mod ideas and questions

Go ahead and discuss your designs here if you like.
    it is your case and ure design, personally im too busy for things like this. there are threads about modding ideas on this forum but ill sum it up for you: its ure mod, ure ideas and noone else will make you build their ideas. once you figured out what you want to do I'll be more than happy to help you out on the "how to" but you have to figure out the "what to" part.

I agree with frakk, it doesn't feel like do a mod project when it isn't your vision. It'd be like us trying to get crimson to put our ideas into Doom3 Mars City... =O
    I know u were just after some ideas etc... but we cant see what your project looks like in your head, so we cant help much. Just try and do some sketches on paper, get some rough guides drawn over pictures of cases etc so u can get an idea of what to build on. Thats as far as i can help, i'd give u ideas, but i'm using them for my Cryo Mod... =P

hit 30 posts... w00t! i'm annodized !

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Xato
    I agree with frakk, it doesn't feel like do a mod project when it isn't your vision. It'd be like us trying to get crimson to put our ideas into Doom3 Mars City... =O
    I know u were just after some ideas etc... but we cant see what your project looks like in your head, so we cant help much. Just try and do some sketches on paper, get some rough guides drawn over pictures of cases etc so u can get an idea of what to build on. Thats as far as i can help, i'd give u ideas, but i'm using them for my Cryo Mod... =P

hit 30 posts... w00t! i'm annodized !
    I totally understand. I was just a little stumped as to what else I could do to an HL2-themed case.

Alright, so I guess it's time to go to work on those sketches! If I have any questions about how to do a certain part, I know where to turn.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Best advice i can give... is a copy of HL2, the pause button... and plenty of sketchin.

ATX Mental Case

How about a computer with loads of bad hardware that will break down and smoke will come out, to symbolise how annoying Steam on a computer can be. But seriously, just go on google, wade through HL2 pictures and just look for something that catches. If you own the game then even better, just play until you see something that catches you. And always remember "Pick up that can!"
    There is no other choice.

If I was doing somthing for HL2 I'd focus on the grav gun. It's prob one of the biggest things in the game cept for maybe the compleate physics engine, but that can't really be shown in a mod to well.

The rest is up to you, so as jonopaul01 look thought the game for inspiration/ideas.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.