Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR-71 case

Default SR-71 case

ok this an HP case. im going to mod it into a SR-71 blackbird themed case
    dark red and black will be the colors, im adding an 80 mm fan ( preferably a turbine fan) and a grill type thing in the front( a modified A/C vent) in the front. on the side, im going to paint some designs. no windows or light however, to maintain the "stealth" theme. but, if you have any ideas feel free to say them, ive only cut the front area for now.

Last edited by intergalacticman; 12-05-2006 at 06:49 PM. Reason: wrong picture
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Default Re: SR-71 case

ah cool. I love the SR-71, my favorite plane ever. Way ahead of its time, I actually have reprint of a painting of one in my room :p. What kind of paint are you planning on?

Also, you might want to look a the SR-71 and see if there are any other design elements you want to incorrporate into the case, thats one amazing aircraft with alot of sweet lines to follow.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I say, unless you really want to spend a lot of time and money on the front alone, don't bother with the blowhole. For amateurs (i found out the hard way), it's alot of hard work that you have to assume where to go. Trust me. I'm already on that road.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

im planning on black and dark red, like in the photo, kudos on the poster
    ill have an MSpaint rendering of it tomorrow, sketchup is too confusing

oh yeah, whats a blowhole?
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    ah cool. I love the SR-71, my favorite plane ever. Way ahead of its time, I actually have reprint of a painting of one in my room :p. What kind of paint are you planning on?

Also, you might want to look a the SR-71 and see if there are any other design elements you want to incorrporate into the case, thats one amazing aircraft with alot of sweet lines to follow.
    If you want an aircraft that was really ahead of its time check this out: http://www.avroarrow.org/index1.htm
    100% Canadian built awesomeness!

Anyway I think the SR-71 is a great subject for a case mod. Of course as Aero said you will really have to get the paint spot on if you want it to really look like the Blackbird. Oh and FYI the SR-71 isn't painted black, it is actually an extremely dark shade of blue (although you could just do the case in flat black ). I don't know how you'll get the colour, but if you do it will be awesome!
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ stock 1833 mhz at 1.65 volts OCed to 2310 mhz at 1.825 volts|Asus A7N8X motherboard|512mb of Kingston Value ram DDR 400 stock 2.6 volts, 3-3-3-8 operating @ DDR 420, 2.8 volts 2.5-3-2-6|PNY Geforce 6800GS AGP stock|Creative Audigy 2 Value| Samsung 17” LCD Monitor|Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers| Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM drive|Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM drive|
    Thermaltake Bigwater SE Liquid Cooling System|

Wow that case is a beaut. lol I wonna see this thing modded

Fresh Paint

After this case is modded, I better not be able to tell its an HP case (or used to be), I hate HP lol. I'm looking forward to seeing this thing done, that jet sure is a beauty.

Default Re: SR-71 case diagram up finally

k here ill post descriptin later
    -Daft Punk

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

umm looks like your gonna have a vent on top. FTW= for the win, by any chance? =D

what are the gray shaded areas? side window, maybe?

Overclocked

I saw your theme and your ideas and I was a little inspired. I drew this up, think of it as concept art.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi