Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st case mod .. m gonna do it :) WTH

Default 1st case mod .. m gonna do it :) WTH

question one can I ruin my case? heh

Here are some pictures of the case I have chosen for my 1st build

any thoughts on how tough modding it will be?

LINK TO SPECS

Default Re: 1st case mod .. m gonna do it :) WTH

That's an amazing case. It's a little too rich for my blood, but I love the idea of the flip USB's, and those cooling fans look heavy duty. This case is made for serious cooling, and silence.

With your system specs, and the space you have, I'll go with WC and see how far your can push this baby

Seriously, for your first mod, and you have the case to hide them, I'll put 1 ccfl to show your board, and maybe a short one behind the HDD. I'll Paint the mobo tray in black or with UV paint. Maybe a little etching on the window... well that's a good start. And it also depend on how far you're ready to go. For my part, I think the best way to see what this case can do is to diseassemble it and know everything it hide.

have fun

Just a last warning: Modding is addictive

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

ATX Mental Case

I think thats a sweet case as it is, but if you must mod it, make sure its all planned out first.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monoflap View Post
    I think thats a sweet case as it is, but if you must mod it, make sure its all planned out first.
    Oh yeah. Listen to this man.

If you don't, you'll either just do the mod and probably fail horribly, or you might just go about doing the mod, but it will take a LONG time to finish, and might not be very good either.

So yeah. Plan it.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I am lucky enough to own a body shop ... ( no i know nothing about doing the actual work ) other than bottom lines and productivity etc...

http://www.renshawauto.com

Anywoo - I was thinking of having them paint it with a custom paint job and not really disturbing the case to much ( i think its really nice as is ) except for custom thumbscrews and other finishing touches like that or ideas i can get from you guys

this is the color i was thinking of a chameleon paint job that turns 3 differant colors as you view from differant angles - *note I do not understand the feasability of painting it but seems like i should be able to with naked case /shrug

I really would like to do water cooling any suggestions .. someone said to say away from it being frist build and all but I love all the colors on the inside with a water system or should i not

Case Wizard

About watercooling in that case... It depends on how you want to do it. First off, do you want to have it external or internal? I saw a company put an internal water cooling kit in this case and it looked ugly. They stuck the radiator on the top two fan exhausts and the screw heads show.

I'm not sure if that is the only/easiest way to do it. But if it is, I would build my own mounting frame to stick the radiator to.

where did you get those pics from any more info on that sight about weater cooling in that exact case....

did i misunderstand or where you saying that water cooling rig in your posted pic looked bad?

heh looks decent to me

Anodized

If money is not an issue than go for it. I would say buy a cheaper case and practice than move to that. Thats just my take.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    If money is not an issue than go for it. I would say buy a cheaper case and practice than move to that. Thats just my take.
    not really gonna "mod the actual case" other than a paint job and new screws and such .... then gonna buy some water colling stuff for inside...

mostly cosmetic fluff...

I think the case is almsot perfect as is