Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have an idea...

Anodized

Default I have an idea...

I have noticed many of the modders on here use google sketch up to design their mods before they begin. This may be a stupid idea but I have done it for webdesign before on some digital art forums.
    Someone will draw a case or rather just the case frame or whatever and then post the file and another will pick it up and add something. It will keep going and after a week or so there will be a modded computer that all (or all who contributed helped design)
    You are not allowed to take anything someone else has done you can only add on. And just to make it fun you shouldnt design too much. Like if i started one and i just did the basic shape of a case (ie rectangle or what have you) then the next person shouldnt have all sidepanels along with a lcd screen and led lights, if you understand?
    Any ways I think it would be cool, I am not starting one or anything just getting input and if the majority agree we should.
    Thanks for reading, later

Dude...totally!

Default Re: I have an idea...

i like that idea. a lot. but it needs to be done correctly, as you stated. i think that if the contributing members of the forums kept it to small alterations each step, and kept in mind its an idea, not something set in stone, the case would turn out great.

I like this idea. You would have to put in place a round robin editing policy, so that only one person at a time can be editing (draw straws or something)at once. You could also define the projects for modding (ie: drive bays, window, front panel, cooling, etc), and then have a random drawing for who is responsible for each item. This could be interesting.

Draw straws? E-straws?
    We could do a Application topic for people to apply, then order them in a certain order, and follow that

Quite an interesting idea ol chap!
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Dude...totally!

perhaps a list? or a "dibs" sort of policy. first person to post after a new design is posted gets to modify the design?

then again, theres nothing wrong with multiple modifications at once, if one is popular, and the other that pops up is as well, then maybe we could vote to branch the project

Life is like an analogy...

i foresee this becoming a nightmare. especially if you start branching out to multiple designs at once. its hard enough trying to organize a bunch of people to do their own thing let alone get everyone to work on the same thing.

but having said that... im in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

There could be a participant limit, like, 4 people on 1 case, and a theme they have to stick to.
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy View Post
    i foresee this becoming a nightmare. especially if you start branching out to multiple designs at once. its hard enough trying to organize a bunch of people to do their own thing let alone get everyone to work on the same thing.

but having said that... im in.
    lol...
    If you like the idea use this thread as a place to make the rules or whatever. I think the dibs idea is the best thats how I have done it in the past. Just after the person above posts their contribution you call dibs on next edit.

Just got a new idea but let me know what you think...
    Have a certain objective for the computer being build (such as media pc or lan party...whatever) and then have a set budget. Then whatever you add to the mod you link to the product along with its price and in the end you see if its possible to build the certain comp within the budget. this may not be a good idea so just let me know what you think.

O yeah I also think that there should only be 1 mod at a time but thats just me.

So its like this: X number of people on a project, set theme, set budget.
    However, I still think there should be something like an application thread for each project, because 30 people working on one project is kinda hard both in reality and the virtual world.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

this sounds like an interesting idea...form up some teams. and have a basic case to use for the design.......i almost smell a modders challenge coming on...

we could have a sign up....then everyone is randomly selected for a team...that way all the super modders hopefully dont wind up on the same team....so its an all balanced competition

or if you did the one does one part then passes it off thing....then branching could occur...then you would see what kind of crazy ideas could be made...

either way
    im up for it...