Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have an idea...

Anodized

Default Re: I have an idea...

Ha, I think that may have been a mistake. I hope so because it's pretty obvious whos idea it was. But I do think this should be accepted by as many as possible before beginning and I love all of your input...Im pretty new to the forums and its really good and very active. hopefully we can get this thing going.

Dude...totally!

Um...heh....well just add the letter R in there, and a giant L for my forehead. -_-

I noticed how new to these forums you are, and im very impressed by your enthusiasm and the contributions you've already made. you got us talking about mods instead of some stupid T-shirt or a youtube video.

Anodized

Ha, I have been apart of many forums for digital arts and filmaking and visited many other mod communitites, but I really like this one and have already got a lot of help from members on my first mod.

So soon I think we should really figure out this Chain Modding thing. Im thinking start one soon with the rules I posted (plus or minus any) and see how it goes. Then after 1 or 2 have like small groups of 3 or 4 members that will have a budget and theme or whatever and time limit to complete the project. Then they will be judged and a winning team will be picked. I think that a monthly team contest and just have mod chains running all the time (but limited, like only 1 or so, so it doesnt get out of hand) until the mod is obviously finished.

this could be a sweet concept, but, its only a concept. Given the human nature to question, some will take advantage of it and ruin some potentially good ideas.
    also, should there be a price limit?
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    this could be a sweet concept, but, its only a concept. Given the human nature to question, some will take advantage of it and ruin some potentially good ideas.
    also, should there be a price limit?
    Yes we previously mentioned having a price limit, but I think this should only be for team contests...

If to you someone ruins an idea or the mod then that is just part of it. Its supposed to be fun and see what everyone together comes up with. You would be more than welcome to just make your own design and they wouldnt ruin it. (just dont post it in the chain)

Just as long as everyone understands the concept and does it correctly I think it will work out great.

ATX Mental Case

I think we have a mature enough group to handle this. Good idea Dingo, you've got my rep point .

I haven't played with sketchup, but I would like to give this a go. Very cool Idea. Now, what about a theme?

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

what about using a case as the base design? like a sketchup of an SLB all done....and just mod it.. yet keeping the basic case there...kinda like the modders challenge...how we used that sketchup of the SLB as our base and told what we would do to mod it..?

thats just my bit to add.. a stock case used as the base for all the designs

Anodized

I was thinking along those same lines. But I think those rules should change. Like if we are doing a regular mod chain the person who started it can just sketch a simple case and then the next just add to it; but if we do a team mod challenge then there can be set cases, themes, and budgets.
    But its up to you guys I was just giving the idea.

Anodized

If its ok I want to start an open chain. Just a rectangle to start and its open to anyone just as long as you call dibs. It will follow the rules we had mentioned before and if it gets popular we can try a team mod.
    Any way tell me where to start it and ill post rules and the first step.