Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proxy Servers?

Anodized

Default Proxy Servers?

I have a ?...I am a senior in HS and have 3 classes with computers. Still being in school I am blocked from a lot of sites I try to visit. They are really strict on what we can visit on the computer but since I take online classes and such I have a lot of time online. We have quota time that allows us to have 60 minutes that we can visit non school related sites but some sites (such as those with forums) are completely blocked and no quota time can be used.
    They view logs of visited sites daily and go in and block sites students find that arent blocked so some sites I have visited are now blocked.
    Any proxy server I try is also blocked and I can get in big trouble just visiting these, does anyone know a way to bypass this system?
    I would really appreciate it...

Default Re: Proxy Servers?

Nope, unless you've got admin access.
    Whatever proxy youre going to use, they still have logs.
    There may be a method I dont know about though, I used to do stuff like that long time ago.
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Anodized

Thanks for the reply, hopefully someone knows something we do not.

Dude...totally!

im not sure how to bypass what they have going, but back in junior high, i had an interesting run in with the schools "fool proof" security system. oddly enough, it was called fool-proof, lol. the way around it was to restart the PC, start in safe mode, rename a .dll file, the restart normally and rename it again once i was done. strangely enough, i mainly did this to empty cache folders and clear out temp crap the cluttered up those public school POS pcs. i hated working on those things.

perhaps that will help, just keep your nose clean.

i hated working on those things.
    Each school has their POS setup
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Anodized

I might give that a try

Anodized

anyone else have any other ideas?

If you had the name of their monitoring software and the version they run, that would be more helpful than anything else I could think of.

Anodized

I can try to see, I really need to figure out a way to do this. I run a graphic design company and my site is blocked there and I need to check my email along with other things. Sometimes I cant even visit sites that I need to do research for the classes im in, and they will also be blocking this site soon because they will see i come here often and I like posting when Im bored.

How would I go about finding out what they use?

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

To try and find out what they use you could:
    a. Ask your instructor. That's all.
    b. Go to a blocked page - read the whole thing. Sometimes they might have something like.. "Blocked By Temple University Filter" blah blah powered by... Cyberpatrol or something similar.

Here is a great site on bypassing censorship:
    http://www.zensur.freerk.com/

A simple way to beat their proxies is to simply use a better one of your own.
    On that site that I gave you, scroll down and there is a list of proxies you can use. If the standard "http://" addressed ones don't work, use an encrypted one ("https://").

Also, if you need a basic website, google the site name. Let's say you google my web site. This is what you get:

Power Packed PC
    Welcome to Power Packed PC! Founded in 2005, this website is filled with tons. Categories. Site:. Home · About · Affiliates · Contact · Sponsors. Content: ...
    www.powerpackedpc.com/ - 46k - Cached - Similar pages

Ever take the time to use the "Cached" or "Similar pages" buttons? I didn't think so! Click on Cached. Google keeps a log of every web site in the world (for the mostm part). When you click on the cached version, you are still on the Google website, viewing their copy of whatever site you need.

The same concept applies with online translators. Go to an online translator and translate a page from English to English or something. Use something like Babelfish. It will "translate" the page for you, opening the page in a script still on their website.

I always referance the zensur.freerk.com website for links to proxies at my school. They blocked it. So, I googled the web site, found the cached version, and then used Google's version of the site to find the proxies.

Wow. That was a long post. Good luck with it - there are tons of other ways, but many are a lot more complex.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.