Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watercooling Queries

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Watercooling Queries

DangerDen is a fantastic brand for water cooling. You really just can't go wrong with them!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yes i know about not skimping on parts when it comes to cooling and i know DD is a great brand but with no stockists in Australia (That i know of) i rather buy local. This kit supports Intel 775 so will this block be okay for Core 2 Duo?

I have one question with the kit though. I have a NZXT lexa and i was looking at the size of the 120mm rad and was just wondern if it would actualy fit in the case. I will have to remove to PCI retention clip but that dosen't bother me. The Radiator is 166mm(L) x 122mm(W) x 35mm(H).

Also could i get confirmation on the layout of the components.
    So far it is as follows: AquaBay - Res - Pump - CPU Block - 120mm Rad - 240mm Rad - Aquabay
    I have intentions of cooling my GPU later down the track and that will go between the 120mm and 240mm Radiators.

My current and future specs are in my first post.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

The Conroe Core 2 Duo is LGA-775. THANK GOD!

Well, they say that Conroe's run pretty cool, So maybe you will be fine with that kit? One thing I read in some of the Reviews on Newegg is some kind of stuff getting into your kit that looked like rust? It might or might not happen to you, but just keep an eye out for discoloration and things that don't look normal.

About the Lexa... I am not sure about that. If it doesn't work? Make it work! One thing that I do know is this though, the Lexa won't have room for that dual rad and everything else. That will have to be external. You'll get better performance this way anyways. I was interested in both the Lexa and the 745 kit awhile back and I remember discovering that problem. External isn't a bad thing though, I've actually taken a liking to it with your "made to be" external kits. Like the Thermaltake Symphony Mini. Now that thing is "cool"!

Also, another tip would be to read website reviews on that kit. They offer some pretty great advice sometimes!

Your layout seems to be fine to me. With only a CPU in the loop to cool down for now you won't have many problems. Just make sure you don't send heated liquid to the pump or any of the water blocks.

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I know about the duel rad and i am happy to keep it out of the case. I have installed a fan in the space on the bottom of the Lexa so i will have to remove that to fit the pump and res in. That doesn't bother me,i'll just keep it as a spare.

I currently have a 30cm Flexiglow Blue CCFl that i will remove because it is to blue and wrecks the theme. I was just wondern if UV CCFl's are really bright and if it will bee seen over the blue of my fans and mobo?