Thread: Cooler Master Stacker

Default Cooler Master Stacker

I am going to be purchasing a Cooler Master Stacker 810 similar to

More images can be seen by going here: More pics from NewEgg

Can anybody link me to mods involving the cooler master stacker or just give me some ideas for the case. Thanks.

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Default Re: Cooler Master Stacker

That side cover looks like you can have a subwoofer in it! Then again, that's not a bad idea. Put a car amp in there, a psu puts out 12 volts like a car...

Possible.

As far as a theme, I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Don't subs have big magnets?

Search the forums... there are alot of mods using those if I can recall rigiht.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

i used to sell this case at compusa when i worked there

im goin in there in a couple days ...ill take a good look at the insides of it....see the possiblities for it

would help to have a general idea what you would like to do to the case....youve explained a lot to me on aim.....what kind of color theme you lookin for it.. are you lookin to put a window in? lots ofthings to consider when you are coming up with ideas..

That’s a great idea! I bet I could fit at least a 12” if not a 15” sub in there. Heck I could even mount my hard drives and my RAM right inside there. What a great idea. Thanks for the genius man…
    Yes, Subwoofers have magnets. The bigger the sub, the bigger the magnet, but all subs have quite big magnets in them.
    Thanks for trying, maybe you truly didn’t know this, but big magnets in big speakers mean big problems for computers. Computers+Magnets=DO NOT MIX.

I think I have most of the front panel worked out. I’m going to stealth the entire front, even the power switches. I’m working on an idea using two different colored plexi windows alternating in a pattern for the side window, ill do a sketchup when I get home maybe. On the top I know I want at least two 80 mm exhaust fans, probably 1 120 mm intake on the side panel, mesh vents in the front? Crossflow fan? More ideas to come soon hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweezy View Post
    That’s a great idea! I bet I could fit at least a 12” if not a 15” sub in there. Heck I could even mount my hard drives and my RAM right inside there. What a great idea. Thanks for the genius man…
    Yes, Subwoofers have magnets. The bigger the sub, the bigger the magnet, but all subs have quite big magnets in them.
    Thanks for trying, maybe you truly didn’t know this, but big magnets in big speakers mean big problems for computers. Computers+Magnets=DO NOT MIX.

I think I have most of the front panel worked out. I’m going to stealth the entire front, even the power switches. I’m working on an idea using two different colored plexi windows alternating in a pattern for the side window, ill do a sketchup when I get home maybe. On the top I know I want at least two 80 mm exhaust fans, probably 1 120 mm intake on the side panel, mesh vents in the front? Crossflow fan? More ideas to come soon hopefully.
    Lol yeah I already knew that magnets aren't good for computers. If you'd put a sub in there, you wouldn't be able to make it a comp, just portable bass, maybe for your iPod? lol That'll be a hell of a patent. Portable boom boom bass for your iPod. Do you know how many rappers would show that off on MTV Cribs?

looks like ur on to something... not too portable though, that **** is heavy

EDIT: back to the topic however, i do believe you when you say there are probably a number of mods involving a CM Stacker however I have been browsing and have not run into any, thus my reason for wondering if anyone knew of one or two off the top of their heads.

Well, maybe instead of leaving that side cover a vent, maybe you can put rotors from a helicopter there, or from an airplane. functional or not. I dunno, it'll take a powerful engine to turn over the rotors if they're metal.

I've finally decided on a theme... it is going to be a water/hurricane/typhoon type of theme. I will do some mockups on sketchup probably tomorrow instead of calculus homework. Can anybody tell me a link to a tut on constructing your own reservoir/water cooling system. Where can I get copper heat pipes? Also please throw out some design tips on the case. As soon as I get the money for the case I will buy it but I dont have any of the tools. Anyways... Design tips, watercooling tuts. Thanks

Okay, originally I was going to do the Cooler Master Stacker case as my first mod project ever, I have now come to the conclusion that this would be a very, very bad idea. The case is a $160 case and my designs are fairly complex so I have opted to instead modify two of my in-house cases first. These are fairly cheap cases and I am going to do some pretty simple modifying. Thank you for your contributions to this thread.