Thread: Painting my guts...

Default Painting my guts...

I wanted to paint the inside cage of my toxic waste mod a bright green so it would show off the LEDs better, and I found some Krylon fluorescent green in a rattle can (like 5 bucks a can so it should be good) and it sucks!
    I shook the can for like 5 minutes and it still blows paint drops everywhere and drips everytime I try to spray.

The worst part is though that everytime i touch the friggin cage (it's like 3 days later now) paint comes off all over my hand.

Is the cage/frame treated in some way that it resists paint? Is there a special paint to make the insides look good?
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Painting my guts...

The answer to you why isnt it working question is probably on the can. Typicaly paints require a primer and a clean surface to work. No matter what you are doing read the instructions it may seem like a simple task but the things that need to be done are not always obvious.

Pain work requires good prep work and time to look good. Do some research.

Edit: I read an article on painting and it said that if the metal is galvanised paint/primer will not stick and the coating would have to be removed.