Thread: Interesting Dremel

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default Interesting Dremel

Just wondering if any one out there has seen this.
    http://www.dremel.com/en-us/tools/to...=66204&I=69808

I have a very unsteady hand when using my Dremel and i thought this looked pretty interesting. I don't know anything about tools, so i don't know how useful it would actually be in the real world, but i imagine it would be pretty nice for any project that involved extensive engraving.

I just thought it was interesting.

- Lucius
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Default Re: Interesting Dremel

Someone posted this a few months back. I think someone here bought one, it might be TheGreatSatan-you could try sending him a PM, asking him about it. I could be wrong though?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Ah, Sorry to bring up something thats already been posted. I never changed the forum to show the entire history of posts. I still have it at default. I only see like, two posts in the tools forum.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

On a side note...

If you are looking at wireless, you might want to check out the 10.8V Dremel Lithium-ion Cordless. When I was asking around about the Stylus, everyone pretty much seemed to redirect me at that product instead. I think it was mainly do to "battery life", not that it would die permanently, just often. (every few hours??)

If your in the shops for a dremel, take a look at this one. It has a pretty good sale on it right now, I'm actually thinking about getting it because it comes with a flex shaft.

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I wasnt actually looking to buy. I have one. Although... it doesn't look nearly as nice as some of the ones people on this site have.

I had a flexi shaft, but... im not very good with tools and i sort of melted part of it while grinding away at a paintball gun.

I sort of prefer cutting with the dremel itself anyway, it seems to get away from me less often due to the extra weight. The only reason i liked the flexi shaft was that it was nice and thin, so i could cut things that the main unit couldn't get to. I might look in to getting a new one. But then again i guess if i get money ill look and see what else Dremel has to offer. I need to get some tools, i just dont want to spend to much money because i dont really know how to use very many tools. I was never a manual labor kind of kid, and never took any shop classes.

hmmmm... is there any list of common tools on these forums? That way i know what i should get before i get to in to something. I know i have a small growing list.

I need to get an actual work bench so i can stop working on the floor (or holding stuff in my hand while i cut it), and some sort of clamps.

-lucius