View Poll Results: Is it worth the wait in line just to turn around and sell it?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 57.14%
  • No

2 14.29%
  • Eh

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UHMM??? I need some help lol

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default UHMM??? I need some help lol

My friend... is going to have me stand in line for over 7 hours to buy a PS3... then he's going to sell it for "massive" profit on ebay. Is it just me... or does this just seem like a bad idea? Or is it a good idea?

He also says there is only 400k in the us available and that since the XBOX 360's sold for alot on ebay when they first came out we should be able to get some pretty good bankage going on. He also said that the next release isn't until march 2007. Is that true?

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea, not really worth it? What?

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: UHMM??? I need some help lol

Why are you standing in line while he makes a profit?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

lol
    no no.. im getting profit out of it. He works at best buy as well.. so he'll visit me every now and then lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Screw your friend just sell it on ebay yourself. One for all and all for none.
    Need a sig

Well... theres just one lil flaw in that plan. The PS3's are 600 bucks a piece and I dont have that kind of money. Fortunately he does but he can't wait in line because he has to work. Also just on a side note. He is my best friend who I have known since the dawn of time. So you know, we just kind of do crazy things like this for each other from time to time.

I'll have massive amounts of blankets and cushions and I will also have my Honda generator which is uber quiet. That way I can hook up my hard drive to watch a billion movies, the laptop to recharge, and a mini fridge so I have lots of beverages! :p

So in the end, it doesn't cost me anything, and I get profit out of it. ^^

-SF

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

OMG a latop and a petrol geny. Dude seriosly your one step away from a winnebago.

Just play oblivion for 7 hours.
    Need a sig

Lol yeah no kidding... If I could fit my fifth wheel in line I would take it! It was 30 grand... so yeah! lol it's pretty darn nice! But I don't think thats an option lol.

Thats pretty much the plan though. He has Oblivion, FEAR, and a few other good games like that. He's also working on trying to get NFS Carbon.

If only I could hack the encryption at Best Buy! THAT would be awesome. Then I could play Online games... If I had WoW and a wireless card I could go for 12 hours lol.

**So what do you guys think? Is it worth buying and then selling on Ebay? How much do you think we will be able to make? The only reason why I am even doing this is because of the Blu-Ray. Which should up the price to at least higher than $600USD.**

-SF

It's completely immoral and i'm not for the idea. It's unfair to real fans and just creates a "only the richest can have nice things" society.

Then again, it's not quite as immoral as Sony's business strategy, which is pretty much asking for things like this to happen.

It's kind of like when someone buys a row of tickets to a gig then sells them on eBay. The real fans end up paying through the nose because of it, and it's not fair to them.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Tell me if you disagree but this is business now! If the people are 'real fans' they will cue in line and get one anyway rather than buy one off someone. I would wait to get three - one for me and the other two you would get enough profit to buy yours once you sell them.

Just my opinion lol

-gaz

I can understand that. Being a person who only has nice things because of my own parents. They aren't even MY things. It's theirs, but I get to use them. So I do understand. But it's not like we are taking it away from people and especially people who don't have alot of money. This is the PRE release. Or at least thats what I would call it. The major release date is in march 2007. This is just for your major enthusiasts imo. Well... I am probably just digging a grave for myself lol so I am done, because honestly, I can't wrap my head around it like you can. But I want to say one last thing. If you can't afford the prices for the pre release versions on ebay, then get in line and buy it when it isn't so much. The world runs on money, and some people do have more than others, those are the ones who pay the ridiculous prices on ebay. They can afford it, and it give us more money. So I don't think it's entirely wrong. Bah, I'm done. lol I probably just said a bunch of dumb things, but I still believe if you want it, then get in line and pay for it like everyone else. If you can't, well then you'll just have to wait till march like most of everyone else.

-SF

EDIT:

Just one other thing... My friend isn't rich. He took up a second job just so this plan could work out. He worked hard for the 600 bucks to pay for it. So in a way... you could just say he is working smarter because he knows that there are people who don't want to wait either in line or for months and that have the money to pay up and in most cases don't mind (btw, not everyone is born rich, some actually do work hard to become rich). So it kind of equals out to me... rich people get less rich and poor people get less poor.