Thread: Uk

Fresh Paint

Cool Uk

Hey, im about to start my first mod, and was wondering if anyone from the UK hear, and if they could tell me where I could get cheap components?

Also, could anyone reccomend me what I should put in to the pc. I have a budget of around £500, what should I get with that?

Cheers, x

Water Cooled

Default Re: Uk

Also, could anyone reccomend me what I should put in to the pc.
    i think you should think about some components like motherboard, cpu, videocard, memory, hard drive, psu and all that

what kind of components? it depends on what you gonna use it for.

Fresh Paint

Ha. Well, my main use at the moment is for sound recording, using Cubase etc..

So, im not to bothered about the graphics, but i was just wondering what you guys think about other stuff. Intel or AMD? And stuff like that.

Water Cooled

amd all the way if you dont use it for serios editing and/or gaming you dont need a powerplant, a64 3000+ with a decent mobo and a lower end graphics card would do. 80gb hard drive with 1gb memory and a decent 350-400W psu. i dont know about ure audio needs, but i would wait for the newest creative chips on their new sound cards.

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

this is one time i would send someone to the intel side. one of the H/T (hyper threading) cpu's 2.8E prescott or higher if your buget allows. you would benefit using the H/T for encoding and such. nice big hdd, possibly a raid setup if you can swing it, and definitely the creative cards when they hit the market.

Fresh Paint

Cheers, guys. I was looking at this motherboard, but im not 100% on what all the techinal stuff means.

Im looking to put a Floppy Drive, as well as 2 Disk drives, could i do this on this board? http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=86394

Water Cooled

it is a nice board but if you are planning on changing the cpu/video card any time soon, i would rather go with socket 939 instead of 754 (the cpu slot) and pci-x instead of agp (video). its a nice board and if you are not planning on upgrading it for a while then go for it