Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grim Reaper Engraving Idea(s)

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Grim Reaper Engraving Idea(s)

Well... This is the design I was wanting to engrave onto my future Lian Li G50B chassis (Which as soon as I get my money back I am buying for sure!). What do you guys think? Thoughts, opinions, advice, etc?

This is just one drawing for the side panel. I want to do more to the rest of the case but I also want to keep the designs simple. Which is why the Grim Reaper is so simple looking.

Well... Rip away at my poor drawing skills lol

-SF

EDIT:

GAH! lol I have such a forgetful memory. I also need a name for the case... but I don't want to be so simple as "The Grim Reaper". Gotta make it semi fancy you know? ^^

The only one I thought of so far was "Death Personified" (FYI-The grim reaper is the personification of death). Which is okay... but I would like to play around a bit more and see what else comes to mind.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Grim Reaper Engraving Idea(s)

I like the sketch, I don't know what you are talking about when you say "poor drawing skills", that came out great. Here is a title suggestion...Final Descent. By the way, that's not a sickle, it's a scythe.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I like the sketch, I don't know what you are talking about when you say "poor drawing skills", that came out great. Here is a title suggestion...Final Descent. By the way, that's not a sickle, it's a scythe.
    You know... Your absolutely right! A sickle has a short handle and a scythe has a long handle. Well pretty much at least. Thanks for clarifying that for me! ^^ Also thanks for the compliment. lol I still dont think its that great... but if you say so!

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I wonder... If I could put a blow hole in the front of that case? Then put metal mesh behind it and then put a red LED fan in there? Maybe even put some kind of edging around the hole so it looks nice and clean?

Then I could do some sort of engraving design around the hole!?

Well that is kind of going off topic... But then again, If I want to do that then I better make sure I dont do some kind of engraving design where I am going to put it! Otherwise it wont work and I would ruin something... Bah, I hate planning things. lol It's too much of a bother.

-SF

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

here's an idea

try a different font for "are you next", something more grotesc and dark

LOUD AND PROUD !

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

What about something like this but over two lines?

-gaz

Well I was originally going to do some really dark looking font... lol but I couldn't seem to draw any of them. But then again... I am going to have to draw this up on my computer so I can better "perfect" it. Maybe... Or no wait... actually I can just draw the Grim Reaper and then type up the font and print that off! DUH! Man... I am dumb sometimes lol.

I'll look through a bunch of Font and see if I can find anything that suits my fancy.

Also, what are some things that are related to death and the such? All I can think of is a pile of skulls... lol There must be more that I can do!?

-SF

What about something like this??

-SF

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Meh I dunno it's upto you at the end of the day man but personally i don't like that last one looks too much like the font from a holiday camp thing lol if ya knoe what I mean.

-gaz

lol

Damn you...

Lets see... How bout...

Ooogy boogy boogy boo!

ROFL! I LOVE SCARY MOVIE 4! lol Oh man... the village... what a funny damn movie.

Okay, So I have no friggen clue where THAT came from! lol

Well... I guess... I can always just use...

...a banana!

...Kids don't do drugs. Even though I am not on them. But I am still a pretty good example of why you shouldn't. lol

-SF