Thread: Lian Li vs Antec

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Lian Li vs Antec

Lian Li G50B

vs.

Antec 900

These are the two cases I have decided upon out of all the cases on newegg.com for my "Grim Reaper" project this January. I've already looked over both cases extensively and now I just want to know what you all think. The project is pretty much engraving only other than performance hardware upgrades. I just don't know which to go with because I like them both so much... So what do you guys think? I'm kind of leaning toward the antec because it seems like it has better cooling...

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Lian Li vs Antec

Lian Li.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I am biased because I have a Lian Li and love it. But I don't know anything about the Antec from experience. It's your cash, I think you should go with your gut and figure out which fits you better.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Wait...

Is the antec 900 plastic??

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Antec - Steel so it gets very hot and heavy as a rock
    - Window already cut out so if you wanted a different look to that too bad
    - very expensive for a steel case

Lian Li - Aluminium so it's nice and light + cool
    - No airflow over your drive bays, might get a lil hot there =S
    - pretty cheap case and plenty of room for modding

As far as looks go i like to stick to pre moded cases because i am a modding N00B! XGbox is my world lolz. I would say go with the Lian Li for now mainly because it's made from aluminium. But there is the problem with cooling on the drive bays. Maybe add that to your modding list.

Hope i could help.

if you are thinking about that antec you should look at a better lian li than that. that one is nice and i would prefer it over the antec but there are even better cases by lian li

Antec:

Design looks pretty cool imo
    Looks "cool"

Lian Li:

Pretty much that and everything else.

---------

lol

It seems to me that both cases are great. But unlike the antec... the Lian Li is a sure fire winner. I just wish it was more... weird and different looking like the antec.

-SF

One other thing....

Why does it seem like a bad idea to put bondo over the mesh on the lian li? Something in my brain is flashing a red light for some reason...

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Lian Li, for modability =D

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

if you put a nice layer of tape behind the mesh perbondo-ing.. youll be fine....cuz if you dont youll have some nice bondo spagetti...

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?