Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360

The SlackMeister

Default Xbox 360

M$ launched Xbox 360 today. is anyone getting one? i am not getting it because i have xbox collecting dust for a long time. plus i am a cheap ass and dont want to pay $50 for a game. :p

Overclocked

Default Re: Xbox 360

Microsoft says Xbox 360 will arrive in North American stores around Thanksgiving. But today they officaly unveiled it. Oh yea, I'm getting one!!! It looks nice.....

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

i have always been dead set against console gaming, but after reading a few articles about the 360 (hardocp's was pretty infomative) i think i want to grab one of these when it comes out. of course ill have to fight my kids for it, but it may be worth it...

ATX Mental Case

Nope, I am gonna grab the PS3. It is so much more powerful. But then again I am probably not gonna get any of the consoles. I will just save my money and upgrade my PC and do some modding. But It does look nice. But I am already too dependent on Micro$oft to give them any more of my money, (yeah I am one of those wierdos who hates Micro$oft because they are so dependent on it). And also the PS3 will be able to work eith the PSP which should open up some interesting things. But I have to say the XBOX360 looks really Beautiful. It has lost that horrible slopeing top that absoutely nothing balances. Here are some links.

XBOX.com (warning, this site is really slow right nowwith all the people logging on from all over the world)
    Game
    BBC
    There is no other choice.

Water Cooled

im not gonna get either xbox 360 neither ps3. pc's all the way baby

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Frakk
    im not gonna get either xbox 360 neither ps3. pc's all the way baby
    i thought that too forthe longest time, but there was one portion of kyle's preview that rang true for gaming. developers know the parameters when developing for the xbox (and all consols in general) so they can program the games to the 'limit' so to speak without worrying about hardware confilcts and such. they can squeeze evey bit of power out of the hardware to make tha game perform its best. also as of late, there have been many more console games coming out than pc games (and when/if they port them over, they usually suck). hopefully we will see the pc gaoming market pick up some steam soon...

Water Cooled

i agree with you. 3 cpu's and an r500 gpu is pretty impressive, considering the fact that the all the games will utilize these as much as possible. we're talkling about some serious power and efficiency here. but in the end it will still remain a gaming console and you will have to pay big bucks for the games. a decent pc might cost more and requires more maintance, but then again, an xbox can never replace it. in other words, i rather pay more for a fast computer than a slower computer with an xbox for games

The SlackMeister

when it hits around $200, i might get it.

Anodized

Yeah, your probably not going to get one then MrSlacker. From what I've read console gaming is most likely to get more expensive then in the past. Games will start at around $50 with the better titles going for $60 and the console is probably going to be around $350 or $400. Because they can now utilize HD they are uping the price. But until fall we won't know for certain.

The SlackMeister

i dont care if i dont get one. in a year after it comes out they will drop in price just like Xbox did.