Thread: Interesting proposal...

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Interesting proposal...

My dad recieved a Dell 2300 today from one of his employees and said if I could get the password off of it I could have it. Pretty cool offer... now if I can just figure out how to get the password off or access the computer some how... any idea's?

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: Interesting proposal...

What operating system is it running?

You can break any system, some are just easier than others. You'll want a live CD of linux, such as the famous Knoppix or the powerful PHLAK (Professional Hackers Linux Assault Kit).

Or, you could always just nuke it, if worst comes to worst.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

It is running Windows XP. What edition I have no clue.

What do you mean nuke it?

Just making sure I get the right product...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837116194

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    It is running Windows XP. What edition I have no clue.

What do you mean nuke it?

Just making sure I get the right product...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837116194

-SF

Nuking is basically reformatting the computer and dropping a new OS on it.

I suggest that you study up on your hacking and get yourself a PHLAK LiveCD.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I might consider that if it is not illegal. I'm trying to be a good boy ^^

But it doesnt really matter I guess... because I HAVE to get a windows cd anyways for my new hard drive.

-SF

Razors Edge

Snowfire, If you can find you're self a Keycode for windows xp, I can send you a version of Windows XP Professional. My key I found off the internet, so I always get that notification saying my Windows isn't genuine,but other then that, It works fine. If where talking about maybe a 20 or 30 dollars, I can get you a legitimate seriel and the disk.

Had a little bit of expeirence here....

Are you trying to crack a BIOS password or a Windows password. BIOS is the first thing that runs on a computer and tells it to start running windows, as a rule of thumb BIOS asks for a password before any Windows Splash screens, and Windows afterwards....

If its BIOS find as much out about the BIOS versions etc as possible, it should say somewhere about the bios version before it asks for a password... I've never cracked a Dell, and this is about as far as i got because i found a text document on a particular adminstrators network share that gave me all the information I needed...

As for windows, what your trying to crack is called a SAM password, i'm not going to hold your hand while cracking, but I'm sure Google, Google Video, and whatever Whax and Auditor (Now known as Phlak... I think) should have all the tools you need... otherwise just nuke the OS, connect the hard drive to another computer and copy off any critical data, then 'obtain' a copy of Windows XP or whatever flavor of OS you like, and install that over the top....

One thing to note about windows is I have a LEGITIMATE PRO copy, but dont like the activation BS, so I use a Windows XP Pro SP2 Corperate and dont have any problems (atm I get my updates off a private windows update server that cannot be shared, and dont know if it still connects to the real servers propperly)

Hope this helps, any more shady questions feel free to pm me

-Fragged

you could just start it in safe mode and make a new user account, then delete the old one....

Its not that that would be the easiest way or anything...
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Razors Edge

For deleting users in windows, and getting around the password....There is 1 trick I know.

Start in Safe Mode, and you should see the user name and above it or below should be "Administrator". If the Administrator account doesn't have a password, go on and delete the user with the password. Thats what my dad does to costumers.

- I suggest gooogling it 'till the internet ends. Im sure you'll find somthing.

Look, have any of you read the rules? Software Piracy is NOT to be discussed on these forums.

IT'S FREAKIN' ARTICLE NUMBER 1! It's in bright red and everything!

I'm locking this thread. Getting Windows XP keys of the net, christ. You're lucky i'm not banning you.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!