Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making Custom Fan Grills

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Making Custom Fan Grills

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Oh I misunderstood, what is the theme? Maybe I can come up with something else.
    Trying to be smooth, sleek, kind of hidden, however with parts that can still contrast. Perhaps just something... abstract?

I also gotta figure out what i'm gonna do about the front intake =/

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Is this for any particular mod? I might be able to come up with something in general but I'll have more luck if I can see what I'm trying to fit.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Project ArgDawn...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

Well, I kinda took that word "abstract" and ran with it. There is nothing good on TV and I can't study another minute tonight so I felt like scribbling. I'll try to hit project ArgDawn another time, in the meantime here are some ideas to play with...

you said abstract...

and if you build this you may earn some crimson colored brownie points

Ok, so your screen name is Omega right??? Get this...
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    These might make interesting fan grills, not real sure if they fit what you building or not.

lol

You know that second one looks like a nipple ring I was going to buy! :p

I like your fan grill designs man! Especially that TBCS one! HA! lol that was great. I wouldnt mind using that on any of my computers...

Hmmm....

You know what we need?

We need a TBCS store!

Hats, shirts, hoodies, fan grills, and anything else you can think of!

That would be so cool! :p

Dangit.. lol now I really want a TBCS hoodie...

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

http://www.cafepress.com/

Can setup a store and upload images to put on items. They come at a base price that covers the cost and the profit margin can be set.

I get some time I might make a counter strike fan grill of my fav weapon the Clarion FAMAS.
    Need a sig

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

OMEGA is gona loveeeee this )

LOUD AND PROUD !

That first one is sexy, frosted plexi wi9th an LED for lighting seems marvelous. I might just have to look into that.

Also, the TBCS one is pretty nifty. I'llgo over these more later =D

Okay, so i went over the "abstract" one that you made, and figured i'd refine at least the base in visio -- not done yet, though.

I think i'll refine them all in visio, though. Escpeclially the TBCS one. Perhaps i can alter that a little bit to make it fit my color scheme and make it on the inside of one of the fans =D like the front 120, that'd be cool.

I had an idea of how you could make the TBCS grill look a little more impressive. If you leave out the screen, cut a thin piece of plexi in the exact shape of the symbol in the middle (by the way, anyone know what the hell that thing is? reminds me a little of Dart Vader's Tie fighter) and leave 2 or 4 small tabs extending away from the symbol to connect to the frame. Then mount a red LED behind the fan to give it that ominous red glow. The tabs connecting the center piece to the frame will show up a little, so I think it would work best if you oriented them to be placed in line with parts of the fan that will block the light.

EDIT: Just had another idea, to avoid the whole tab problem, just cut the plexi to the shape of the center piece and omit the tabs. Then mount your fan so that the side with the motor housing is facing out. You could then stack a couple of layers of clear plexi and attach it directly to the motor housing and just reverse the fan's polarity if needed. Is this making any sense or should i draw it to clarify?