Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danger Den UV

Default Re: Danger Den UV

My eCommerce application actually does have the ability to have customer reviews. This is a feature that I have not yet decided on whether or not I wanted to implement. There are of course pros and cons to having customer reviews.. and for modding, I think it leans more towards the positive then the negative.. still such a feature would have to be moderated just like any other public forum. It is particularly important on a retail website to keep a close eye on reviews that anyone can write. Still, I am aware that this is a feature that most people do like.. I also use the reviews on New Egg when I purchase from them.. and most of the time I find them useful. I suppose the bad side of reviews is that some people write things without really knowing what they are talking about.. but in the case of modding gear.. I would probably get more educated comments.

Right now there are many things going on to develope ArcticMOD... mostly in the way of new products. I suppose the simple answer here is that I am prioritizing things.. and the products come first. I most likely will add a review section in the future.. but I will need a staff member to moderate it and oversee it.. not to mention the time to develop the feature properly. So its just a matter of time.. take this as a yes that eventually there will be customer reviews on my site. If others like yourself request this.. I very well may implement this sooner rather then later.. as I love website features!

Within a day there will be a new feature showing the top 5 newest products added to the site.. and then shortly after I will be creating an entire section that shows the newest additions to the site in length. All of this as per your reccomendations.. I always listen to what people suggest.. and when the idea is right I do it.. so please always feel free to give me ideas and feedback.

~Michael
    ArcticMOD.com

Anodized

I agree, I base almost if not all my purchases on reviews. Having one on your site will be a BIG plus. I do understand having to moderate it closely. And if someone posts something thats not true, or posts a question, you could always, if you have the option, edit the message and do something like:

"<persons responds>

[ADMIN] your message"

so it does a few things. A) Shows people that your on top of things and B) Allows you to correct someone if they post misleading info.

Thanks for your input about the review ability guys.. I actually just spoke with my developer and we are going to put a brand new section at the top of every single product page in ArcticMOD called "Community Links".

This is a pretty big project for us.. but I think its going to solve a lot of issues and offer a lot more features for our customers.

Once this new section is complete it will be in the top right of every product page.. you will see this..

1.) Submit A Review (this will prompt you to login if not logged in, you must be a member to do this)
    2.) Read the Reviews (anyone can read reviews)
    3.) Product Rating (this is the voting feature, anyone can vote.. logged in or not.. doesn’t matter..)
    4.) Email This To A Friend
    5.) Gift Certificates

These sections would remain at the bottom of the Product Template for now.. in this order..
    1.) Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
    2.) Recommended Products

Give me some time to implement all of this... but rest assured it is already in progress. Once this is completed you will be able to write reviews about our products, read reviews.. and more.

I think you all are right on the money about these types of features.. and so we are going to make it happen!

Thanks again for your input!

~Michael

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

ILLUMINICE this must be great free website and computer modding market research. If you implement all this your site is gonna shine I reckon the option for international shipping is excellent for people like me who have trouble getting their hands on water cooling parts on the otherside of the world. To get an idea of your competition there are these sites

Performance PC - International Shipping Modding Supplies
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

Xoxide - US/Canada shipping
    http://www.xoxide.com/

Hope this gives you some ideas.
    Need a sig

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

NICE!

Man I can't wait to see those new features!

I can feel it... your going to be up there eventually with newegg, frozencpu, xoxide, performance-pcs. It seems like the site has what it takes and it sure does look FANTASTIC.

Good Job and Good Luck!

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Simon275... I must admit.. there is no better advice I can get then what I hear from real customers and real modders in the community. I value all of the comments I have been getting.. and it definitely is an advantage being in a site like this. Speaking about international shipping.. I realize this is not obvious yet.. because my store policies are not yet written.. but ArcticMOD does ship internationally.. and has done so since the day we opened. Basically if you select a country outside of the USA you would be given international shipping rates and methods during checkout. Similarly, if you are from within the USA.. you will not be shown international methods.. my cart is made to filter the shipping methods appropriately for the location of the buyer.. ;o) I really do want to get lots of international orders.. though it will take time for my company to become known worldwide... As far as the competition goes.. I know them all too well.. in fact I am friendly with the ower of Performance-PC's.. and Xoxide is a very different type of site then ArcticMOD.. I was never a big fan of that site. On the other hand FrozenCPU whom I admire very much has been a model business example for me.. and many of the features on ArcticMOD were inspired from that particular business.

SnowFire... what can I say.. thank you so much for all the positive feedback and comments.. I too think ArcticMOD has what it takes to be a premier modding site. It is just a matter of time to build up the business, its products, customer base and features... I am very confident that it will succeed. Just keep tellin people about us! ;o) Thanks again for all the good wishes!

~Michael

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Not a problem! After all...

We support modding websites!

Since you know... "we" being modders ourselves and all! lol Wouldn't make much sense if we didnt! :p

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

How reliable are the Lucite tops compared to metal tops? Are there any significant cons to using one?
    “Cynicism is a bunch of people who aren't as talented as other people, knocking them because they make them feel even more untalented.”
    -Ewan McGregor

Meticoeus.. Lucite tops are in fact extremely reliable and are a staple in the industry. I mean, just take a look at Danger Den blocks in General.. how many of them use Lucite.. a lot of them do. The main concern with lucite is that it is strong enough not to break from the pressure of the screws that clamp it to the copper base.. but so long as the lucite is at least 1/4" thickness.. this is not a problem at all, and in fact almost all Danger Den blocks use 3/8" thick lucite to avoid any problems whatsoever. All of the Danger Den UV Reactive Collection blocks that I sell use a 3/8" thick lucite. To my knowledge there are no other significant differences between a metal top and a lucite one other then thickness and looks. If you need a slimmer model, then metal or PVC (compact plastic) works well, if size is not so much an issue, acrylic (lucite) is a great choice for looks. The obvious advantage to lucite it you can see through it.. and see the coolant inside.. which looks awsome especially when using a UV Reactive Coolant. I have also heard that the less metal in a liquid cooling system the better.. as even non-conductive coolant picks up ions from passing by metals.. but considering that almost all high end cooling blocks are made from copper.. well, you can't get more conductive then that.. so I kind of dismiss that one.

SnowFire.. I happened to see some of the other forums you have reccomended my site in.. and I just wanted to say thank you so much for doin that! There have been many visits today in particular from those posts.. and its just awsome to have someone promoting ArcticMOD.. and it wasn't even me! This week I have some really amazing stuff goin on the site.. and I am also working on the "New Products" feature we spoke about. Like you said in that other thread.. it will take us some time to grow.. but support and patience from modders like yourself is very encouraging for me.. so just wanted you to know how much I appreciated what you did! =o)

~Michael
    ArcticMOD.com

Awesome blocks, and an AMAZING website!

Great layout, and design, and the products to back it.

I'll be forwarding my friends to you!