Thread: Tuniq Symmetry 1

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Tuniq Symmetry 1

Does anyone own this computer chassis? I've read multiple reviews already and so far I like it for the price. But I tend to have more trust in TBCS followers than I do with those "other" websites. Idea's, opinions, stuff like that are welcome. I mainly want to see if anyone has any actual hands on experience with this case. But feel free to give me some idea's that might help persuade me to purchase. Or... I suppose in some situations to persuade me to NOT purchase. Also, I cant seem to find this on newegg? I guess they dont have it.

http://www.xoxide.com/tuniq-symmetry-1-case-black.html

-SF

Default Re: Tuniq Symmetry 1

Wow, that's a really nice looking case. I havn't got one, but i like it's feature set. I wouldn't say it had "system modders" in mind, but anything which comes with a decent screen gets a thumb up from me. The other thumb goes to build quality and design.

What do you mean that makes 3 thumbs? I've got my eye on you...

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

2 Thumbs and a Toe maybe??

When I first saw it, I thought "engraving compatible". :p

-SF

slick looking case, but not as modding friendly as some others. Still i wouldn't mind this to go in a home office.

Out of all the chassis I have ever seen in my price range, this chassis I like the most. I tend to have a very difficult time finding an *affordable* chassis that I like.

I think if you were to do some simple but elegant engraving work that this case would really stand out. To me, its not how much you do to it, but rather the affect of what you do. For example, You could take a plain case and just give it a truly wicked paint job and it would be worth calling "awesome".

I found out that the chassis itself is steel and only the front bezzle is aluminium. Not only that but it isnt the best (or the worse) steel (aka slightly flimsy). But I am thinking that it can't be any worse than a dell so no loss right?

Does anyone know of another website of where to buy this at? I am asking not because I am lazy but because I dont trust some websites. I love newegg because I have never had a problem with them and if I did they always have quick resolves. It's pretty hard to compare neweggs service but maybe there is another site out there with that same kind of service? Anyone know?

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

On a scale of 1 to 10. How hard is engraving?

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

It depends on what you want to do.

If you're engraving a geometric shape, like a sign, then it rates at about an 8.

If you're doing a freehand sketch of something that you draw all the time, then rate it at 3 above the difficulty of your original drawing.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Okay, Well I can always practice what I want over and over again untill I am confident enough to actually attempt anything that will be the final product.

I was thinking of getting this since if I do get the Symmetry I will be a bit short on cash.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/tools/to...=69667&I=66216

It's a dremel and its an engraver. But is it any good?? Any opinions or recommendations? I can always make a christmas request! :p

EDIT:
    You know... as much as I like the symmetry's front bezel.... This lian li might win me over.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112104

-SF