Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else noticed...

Anodized

Default Anyone else noticed...

a HUGE price increase in memory lately?? At the begining of the year i bought a stick of 1gb for around 70 bucks for A-Data Viesta (which is a decent brand)w/ heat spreader and decent timings, now you cant find OFF-BRAND for any less than $100. This is also pc3200, not even ddr2...and it seems like most 333 and 266 are costing more than 400 too. HD's seem to be steadily rising also. What's the deal??? Processor costs go down and every other internal component goes up???
    I'M A SCAMMER, DON'T DO TRADE/BUSINESS WITH ME.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone else noticed...

I havent really seen a difference accept from prices dropping?

-gaz

(mind you I do live in England)

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I seen prices dropping here in Australia. Maybe your supplier put up prices. Have you confirmed this?
    Need a sig

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

well dont forget the holy days are coming in two months but ..... )

LOUD AND PROUD !

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    I seen prices dropping here in Australia. Maybe your supplier put up prices. Have you confirmed this?
    Oh yeah I've checked all the major online parts stores and receipts from around april/may...$74.95 for A-Data Vitesta 1gb (5-17-06), now for the exact same thing is $109. A stick of 512 version is $60 .
    I'M A SCAMMER, DON'T DO TRADE/BUSINESS WITH ME.

Supply and demand.
    Christmas sales are coming

Case Wizard

First it was Back to School, then Christmas is coming up. Not to mention, the release of Intel's Core 2 Duo and the price war with AMD could increase RAM prices.

Life is like an analogy...

i havent seen any raised prices yet. ive been tracking the core 2 duo e6600 in particular because that one is the most interesting. in the past month alone its gone from about $360 on newegg to $316

ram has stayed the same, but it hasnt gone higher... yet. it really wouldnt make any sense for it to get higher anyways... a battle between AMD and intel is a really crappy excuse. even holidays are a bad excuse... prices should go down for that stuff.

the only thing ive seen that i dont like is the price of agp video cards. seeming as they are pretty much obsolete now... they should be getting nice and cheap. this doesnt appear to be the case for some of them. some of them are actually still more expensive than even a 7950gx2. thats just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

actually, Rose is right. its been about a $50 increase on all DDR2 products pretty much over the past couple months. check out anandtech's price index, it has histories of price changes for products sold by all significant online retaillers. the DDR and DDR2 price increase is obvious on them.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I know exactly what your talking about. I was planning on buying some new ram about 2 months ago. Then 2GB pqi DDR2 800 RAM was $200 - $25 rebate. Then just before I bought my new Ram the same pqi RAM had gone up to $300-$25 rebate! I was lucky enough to find some good OCZ 2GB DDR2 800 RAM for $209 @ tigerdirect.