Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's in a pro's shop?

Default Re: What's in a pro's shop?

250mA will kill you if it runs though your heart. Depending on circumstances takes normally around 20V to pass though your skin.

There is a reason for the old "one hand rule" because the most direct path between your right and left hand includes your heart.
    Also remember that you nervous system runs on nA (1/100000000 of an Ampere) and pV (1/100000000000) of a Volt), which are almost un-measurable without specialized equipment.

Most of those images were of electrical burns, As to the machine shop stuff. Depends on what class you are going into and your background. Someone like me would most likely not have a problem around the tools where some other would. I'm real familiar with most tools just do not have the money to buy them.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

Water Cooled

rotary tools rock.

Nuff said
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    when did this happen?? i didnt hear anything about this
    Im sorry, next time you'll be the first to know after I call the ambulance

The SlackMeister

Quote Originally Posted by ZeD
    Im sorry, next time you'll be the first to know after I call the ambulance
    thanks.

wow i have all the stuf i need here in the garage and i sisnt know it..lol

Overclocked

You see, people wouldn't get injured of they involved more potatos in their mods!

Anyways, a good workbench and clean woking enviornment is a must, and being a member of the AMA and building model R/C aircraft has heavily contributed to my work space habits. As an example, I use a large corkboard (bulliten board, about 16x8 ) as a clean, flat, and somewhat soft workbench. All of my tools are assorted neatly, like in many of the other modders' pictures. After I've set up shop in my new house in Fresno, I'll post some pics of my equipment and table arrangement.

Believe it or not, I'm actually planning on buying a small prefab building to house my computers and planes. I've got it all planned out; it's really neat. Maybe I'll get a cleanroom later...
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Case Wizard

I am in the process of rebuilding my work area as I keep getting upset with people just setting things on the flat surfaces. (Ok mostly me .. but I am working on it). I am adding another 2' X 8' of work bench area. But 4' will be for my mitter saw and the other will be for modding / Vacum system for Carbon Fiber / Fiber Glass, which will be in one of my up and coming mods.

I also just got a new craftman band saw. I need to get a few metal blades for it so I can finish my Mini Wopr Case.

Next purchas for my work area will either be a bending break or Cutting Tourch.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Malatory

Next purchas for my work area will either be a bending break or Cutting Tourch.
    Ooh, torches are teh ****zor!
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

That reminds of me of something to add to the list.

A small butane torch to remove sanding burs and/or marks from Plexiglas edges after cutting and "round sanding."
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Guttenaffe
    That reminds of me of something to add to the list.

A small butane torch to remove sanding burs and/or marks from Plexiglas edges after cutting and "round sanding."
    Gots me one oh those! It's about the size small Phillips screwdriver, and I find it really useful, not to mention fun.