Thread: upgrade

Default upgrade

Well i wanna get ready for next gen so my computer specs below needs some upgrades.

Ok so core 2 duo is out for motherboard reasons. So my question is ...
    What upgrades should i get and to what?

And q number 2 is what will i miss without dx10 and vista

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: upgrade

well if you arent going with anything like am2, or core 2 duo/quad... unfortunately you're going to be left behind in the coming year... maybe months even. a p4 3.2GHz has got nothing the low end core 2 and mid range am2 processors.

if you're gearing up for the next gen stuff, you might as well go all out. get a core 2 duo, and a good motherboard. you can keep your sound card. get some good ddr800 ram or even something faster, because faster is better. you can probably keep your optical drives and hard drives for now... i dont see blu-ray or hd-dvd coming too soon for any reasonable price. hard drives that are combined with flash memory are on the horizon, but they may be expensive too.

one thing i would advise against is getting a new video card. you have a 6800... thats good enough for now. getting a new card at this point in time is stupid, because it looks like the dx10 cards are due out around christmas. if your 6800 is agp, and you need a pci-e video card to hold you over... 7600 or x1600 is pretty good and cheap.

again... i just cant see how you'd keep up with a p4... thats probably a big component that actually DOES need to be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Default Re: upgrade

What I found out is that intel cant make and faster. So no all they do is try to do more thats why the quad core intel is coming out. Woot annother processor i cant afford.
    Oh and the 6800 pci-e