Thread: military toggle switches

Fresh Paint

Default military toggle switches

im new to modding, and i want to put in 3 or 4 military style toggle switches, i searched around and i understand that the switches at http://www.mnpctech.com/spdprtToggle.html are prolly the best to use. i was wondering if any one knew the dementions of these.

also if any one has some advice on putting them in, i was thinking of putting them recessed into a open 5 1/4 drive bay, but i dont know the dementions so i dont know if they will fit.

heres what i was thinking i would have them do

1)kill switch/master power 2) cathodes 3) top case fan 4) acual power on.

im trying to figure out how i can have the kill switch aculy affect all 3 others at the same time. becuse that one will be there just for looks realy but i want it to do something, what im looking for is, if that switch isnt fliped none of the other 3 work. thats easy enough to do if they all do the same thing but how would i do it when they all do diffrent things?

thanks for your adivce, im also lookin into haveing a door infront and when you press my old power button it would pop open the door on the drive bay so that you could get to the switches, any advice witht hat would be cool too

thanks
    dreg

Overclocked

Default Re: military toggle switches

the master power switch is easy, you just run it at the beginning of the series with all the other switches. if it's off, the others dont get power.

you can run the rest of the switches parallel and they'll operate independently when the main power is on

if you don't know what this stuff means, i'd suggest finding some reading on working with electrical systems before messing around
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_...allel_circuits
    is a good place to start, probably. just remember that google is your friend

Fresh Paint

Default Re: military toggle switches

i didnt think of that, yeah if i JUST hook up the power in ... i think thats what you where saying, i know what you mean. i know a bit about electronics and that stuff.

and only god knows how many times google has saved my ass.