Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1-10?

MitaPi

Default 1-10?

Scale of 1 to 10. How much of a performance increase will I see if I upgrade from a 2.8 pentium 4 w/HT to this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116001

Default Re: 1-10?

Quite a bit if you overclock it 4 NOT OVERCLOCKED 8-9 OVERCLOCKED

CAN YOU WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbcs

MitaPi

How do I know if my current mobo is compatible...? I never actualy thought about using the one I have now if I could. I was just going to buy a new one...

I have a dell dimensino 4700

D'Oh

..look at tom's hardware overclock and guides..
    basicly, if your mobo is of lower class, you can't go top with this.. still, you can get to ~3Ghz on stock/air cooling, but 4ghz only with water..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Life is like an analogy...

define performance in this case.

if you mean the ability to load the thing up with more applications at once, id rate it at a 7 or 8.

if you mean actual gaming performance and such... more like a 2 or 3. the pentium d is a glorified pentium 4 with no real benefits except the fact that its dual core.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

nah, not really into games. Just for programs... everything on my dell right now is SO FREAKING SLOW AND DELAYED IN RESPONSE TIME! Its driving me nuts, at least its bettern than a celeron D lol.

MitaPi

Hmmm, I can always save me money and buy a nice cooler and try over clocking it right? Is that in my range of possibilities with this dell pos?

In your dell the problem most likely extends from the proccesor to having bad memory etc, also dells dont usually get BIOS updates so support for newer processors is unlikely.

Life is like an analogy...

plus dells dont let you overclock. trust me, ive tried doing that to my friend's dell. it just doesnt work. i couldnt even get into any bios options. in fact, it wouldnt even let me overclock the video card, which would have been using coolbits... it kept freezing up after even a 3MHz boost on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I heard that you can get specail 3rd party bios's for Dell and somehow reflash the mobo's bios with a new one and be able to have control. I'm supprised the GPU's are locked out like that. Do dell have their own GPU firmware?
    Need a sig